📝Reviews > ActiveHome Pro Reviews

CM15A Unacceptable RF Range

<< < (5/5)

Boiler:
Just checked the repeater (it's the pro version PSX01),

It transmits reliably on code "A1" from my second floor when the Test button is pressed. 

My motion sensor will intermittently make it to the CM15a (I get intermittent double codes for the motion sensor).  The motion sensor is ~ 20 feet closer to the Cm15a than the repeater (horizontal distance - not line of sight).

My UR74a (4 battery) and palmpad are totally unable to reach the Cm15a without the repeater.

Walt2:

--- Quote from: Boiler on August 03, 2007, 07:42:57 PM ---
It transmits reliably on code "A1" from my second floor when the Test button is pressed. 

--- End quote ---

You might have just given me the best reason yet to replace my beta-CM15A with a real production version.   ;)

Boiler:

--- Quote from: Walt2 on August 03, 2007, 08:41:01 PM ---You might have just given me the best reason yet to replace my beta-CM15A with a real production version.   ;)

--- End quote ---

I wasn't trying to talk you out of your hard earned money.  Just trying to point out that the Firmware version in your unit will likely make it respond differently to RF.

If your system is stable as it is, I'm not sure I would recommend replacing the unit.  You may wind up fixing a lot of old problems and creating new ones.

If you're a Hobbiest (I think I already know the answer here) and you are still adding to your system, you might be well served to upgrade.  The Smart Macros worked reasonably well on my '04 unit.  I never tried the IWitness, Myhouse, or security package with this unit.

I have no explanation why your CM15a will not respond to 2 SR731's when your CM14a will.  Bit timing issue?

babybearjs:
what is the RF range anyway, I never knew... isint it suppose to be 50 to 100 ft? maybe they need to make the unit with a REMOVABLE antenna? like a wireless network card??? they way you can put a antenna on it with a cord....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version