Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bird's nest on my floodcam  (Read 2947 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Bird's nest on my floodcam
« on: June 19, 2007, 03:15:27 PM »

Walking around the house the other day I discovered that a bird's nest has been built on top of backyard my floodlights. The built in cam hasn't caught any of the intruders and apparently the birds don't mind the flood lights coming off and on. Isn't there a way to take snapshots or record video when the light is triggered?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Bird's nest on my floodcam
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:02:56 PM »

Isn't there a way to take snapshots or record video when the light is triggered?

I use the X10 floodlights to trigger wired and wireless cams. I hid a couple of the cams in a BIRDHOUSE.... so I understand your situation. The floodlight only generates X10 PLS (no RF). I also wanted to record my camera's video, but the VCR commander is only activated by RF.

My solution was to set my AHP to transceive a (randomly selected) house code. Then I use the PLS from my floodlight to trigger a macro, that turns on (transceives+AHP=RF & PLC) the signal (randomly selected, transceived) I set my VCR commander on. However, my floodlight won't catch anything small then a neighbors cat.

I have that same macro trigger code on a palmpad remote. I could try watching, and attempt to catch a bird landing and squeezing into the birdhouse but I never have.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.