Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using mutiple camaras  (Read 7568 times)

bam320

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Using mutiple camaras
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:56:57 PM »

Is there a way to get the wireless cameras (b/w XX20A nightwatch) to change from one camera to another? They feed into a MACE time lapse recorder. I can record 1 camera at a time (that's OK) but would like the system to record 1 camera the 10 seconds later go to another camera and so on without me manually changing the camera with the remote. Am I asking too much from this system?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Using mutiple camaras
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:46:38 PM »

would like the system to record 1 camera the 10 seconds later go to another camera and so on without me manually changing the camera with the remote. Am I asking too much from this system?

I have several cameras (some X10, some not). Sometimes the neighbors cat (or a ratcoon) would trip the motion sensor, and I would record it. It didn't happen often, so that didn't bother me. What DID bother me was sometimes I didn't catch the critter on tape.

I also use the AHP (X10 Active Home Pro). So I set-up a macro that switches which camera is on every few seconds when activated by the motion sensor, so I can capture everthing.

You could also try a quad processor or video switcher.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bam320

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »

would like the system to record 1 camera the 10 seconds later go to another camera and so on without me manually changing the camera with the remote. Am I asking too much from this system?

I have several cameras (some X10, some not). Sometimes the neighbors cat (or a ratcoon) would trip the motion sensor, and I would record it. It didn't happen often, so that didn't bother me. What DID bother me was sometimes I didn't catch the critter on tape.

I also use the AHP (X10 Active Home Pro). So I set-up a macro that switches which camera is on every few seconds when activated by the motion sensor, so I can capture everthing.

You could also try a quad processor or video switcher.

I wanted to leave the system on all the time (without motion detection) & have the system rotate from camera to camera without using the remote & having it done wirelessly so IMO a quad processor would not work. Any ideas?

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 11:36:27 AM »

I wanted to leave the system on all the time (without motion detection) & have the system rotate from camera to camera without using the remote & having it done wirelessly so IMO a quad processor would not work. Any ideas?

Yes, the Video Switcher. I (have a similar model I paid $49 for) the time on each camera is adjustable from about 2 sec to about 2 minutes.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 03:49:03 PM »

Dave,
Without the cameras being hardwired, how does this quad processor work to scan the cameras? Or are you using four separate camera receivers to accomplish this?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 06:45:32 PM »

Dave,
Without the cameras being hardwired, how does this quad processor work to scan the cameras? Or are you using four separate camera receivers to accomplish this?

To be honest.... I forgot they are wireless cameras. But yes dave w (and THANKS) they would each need a receiver, set to a different channel.

bam320

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 07:24:19 AM »

Dave,

To be honest.... I forgot they are wireless cameras. But yes dave w (and THANKS) they would each need a receiver, set to a different channel.

Thanks Dave W for asking the question & thanks Dave_X10 for setting me straight. For the last couple of days I have had this "Bart Simpson" gas bubble lodged in my brain wondering how this quad processor would work. Never thought of the separate receivers!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.