Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trying Macros with no luck. Anyone with suggestions  (Read 7530 times)

Jeffx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Trying Macros with no luck. Anyone with suggestions
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:38:48 PM »

I am trying to do a start a macro. I have a light switch that is triggered by a sensor. I need  to have the macro start from dusk to dawn. But everytime I try it, the light still comes on during the day. I have a tm751 transceiver for the sensor and do not transceive at all with the cm15a. Could this be a problem. I have the cm15a monitored on this code. I am getting too frustrated. Thanks for any help

Boiler

Re: Trying Macros with no luck. Anyone with suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »

Jeffx10,

Since you are transceiving the sensor output with the TM751, having the transceived codes on the CM15a turned off should not be a problem.

Make sure that your motion sensor is on a different Unit code that your lamps.  If they are on the same Unit code the sensor will turn the lamps on directly (without the CM15a).

Example -

Lamp on A2
Sensor on C2

Macro
Trigger on C2 if Dusk
Turn A2 ON

You'll need another macro (or a delay) to turn the lamp off.

Jeffx10

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »

Thanks, I will try it and see if that works :)

gizak

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 12:45:58 PM »

I'm trying to do the same thing, but can't even get my macro to trigger at all lol.

My lights/appliances are all on housecode D.
My motion sensors are on housecode B.
Since most my modules are housecode D, I had to force the monitored housecode to B under Tools > Hardware Configuration, otherwise when I go to setup the condition, I only see housecode D modules.

Here's my scenario/macro:

I have a motion sensor (MS14A Eagle Eye) B1 outside.
I have an entry light (XPS3 Light switch) D11.

Minus the dusk/dawn settings, I have the Condition set to if B1 on, turn on entry light D11.  That's it.  It doesn't work. 

If I view the Activity Monitor, I can verify that motion sensor B1 is being triggered to On status...  then it goes to Off status.  Nothing else occurs.  If I go to the macro and click on it, the light will turn on.  So I know the modules are setup properly, work, and labeled correctly.

I've saved, downloaded to the CM15A, tried the whole resetting, restarting the app, rebooting the pc even...I'm at a loss, is a TM751 required for the motion sensor?  Doesn't make sense since the CM15A is detecting it in the Activity Monitor.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but hopefully somebody can chime in and help both Jeff and I with our similar, simple setup scenario.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »

Since most my modules are housecode D, I had to force the monitored housecode to B under Tools > Hardware Configuration, otherwise when I go to setup the condition, I only see housecode D modules.

I have the Condition set to if B1 on

Your motion sensor should be the TRIGGER, not a CONDITION.

If you provide a screen shot, or a print out of your macro, we can show you what to fix.

gizak

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 02:42:52 PM »

dear lord, I'm gonna smack myself if that's the case.  I thought the trigger was so that you can set a remote or wall switch button to activate the macro manually (but I guess it will still activate it this case too).  I'll have to wait till I get home to try it.

So my trigger is B1
Condition (dusk/dawn)
Module is D11

So I guess I could (and should) return my monitored housecode to D so that further macros that utilize actions from any of my lights/appliances would be detected.

Thanks in advance if this works...I'll be back if I'm still stumped hehe.

gizak

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 05:52:09 PM »

That did the trick, I literally smacked myself in the forehead for not seeing the obvious.  Thanks again.  Now I got a new problem which i'll make a new thread for hehe.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »

I have the Condition set to if B1 on

Your motion sensor should be the TRIGGER, not a CONDITION.

If you provide a screen shot, or a print out of your macro, we can show you what to fix.

Say Puck how do you post a screen shot? that would really be helpful to know. Thanks

Tom j

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »

Say Puck how do you post a screen shot? that would really be helpful to know. Thanks

Tom j

Hey Tom J,

Tuicemen provided a good write up on it here: Re: The Finer Art of Posting to the Forums

Many (including myself) use TakeTheActive's suggestion of creating a free web account from Yahoo - Geocities to store and reference "JPG" images from.

I believe XP has a good built in screen capture utility. Also, delibaker provided a good link for a free screen capture program here in this thread: Re: macro works without conditions, but not with

It is an excellent program; I use it for my screen shots.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 11:16:41 PM »

Thanks Puck!!

Tom j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.