Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Programming Simon Console with X10 Lighting Modules  (Read 4148 times)

n2padres

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Programming Simon Console with X10 Lighting Modules
« on: July 06, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »

Hello,

I have done a search of the forums and of the Simon owners manual and have not found how to program the alarm system to turn on my lights. I have had the alarm for years and the X10 lighting and motion sensor lighting for a couple less, but until now did not know they could potentially work together. Is there a way I can do it myself with the help from someone here, or do I need to call the installer (if they are even in business 5 years later: )?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 05:53:08 PM by n2padres »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Programming Simon Console with X10 Lighting Modules
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 06:57:22 PM »

Hello,

I have done a search of the forums and of the Simon owners manual and have not found how to program the alarm system to turn on my lights. I have had the alarm for years and the X10 lighting and motion sensor lighting for a couple less, but until now did not know they could potentially work together. Is there a way I can do it myself with the help from someone here, or do I need to call the installer (if they are even in business 5 years later: )?

I work for an alarm company, and while I can't speak specifically about the Simon, most of the alarm panels I am familiar with that say they "can control X10" require additional hardware to actually do it.  So, you may need to contact the installer anyway.  ;)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Programming Simon Console with X10 Lighting Modules
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:19:53 AM »

...I have done a search of the forums and of the Simon owners manual and have not found how to program the alarm system to turn on my lights...

n2padres,

Please post a LINK to a description / overview of the Simon Console for those X10 Community Members, like myself, who enjoy reading threads about items / subjects that they currently have "no idea about". :o

Thanks! :)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.