Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Saving Images with Motion Detector  (Read 2804 times)

iwonder

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Not Saving Images with Motion Detector
« on: August 16, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »

I have a question about the motion detectors.

I am using four wireless cameras set to A1, A5, A9, and A13 with a TM751 transceiver module and Multi-View software.  The cameras work great, picture quality is great, but I want to only save images when motion is detected.

I installed an ActiveEye (MS16A) detector configured as A1 and tested it by using the remote chime.  The chime sounds off whenever I walk into detection range.  I also set Multi-View to "only save images when motion is detected" for all four cameras and set all four cameras to trigger on the A1 motion detector. The problem is that no images are saved.  The TM751 also clicks when changing between cameras and when the motion detector triggers (on and off).

Is this normal behavior for the TM751 to click on camera change?  Has anyone else had any issues with motion detection with Multi-View?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Not Saving Images with Motion Detector
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:58:21 PM »

I don't use Multi-View so hopefully someone who does can jump in and help with that area. But hopefully I can help shed some light on a few items:

1) The clicking sound you hear from the TM751 is its internal Appliance Module turning On & Off (It is permanently set to Unit Code 1).

2) Usually wireless cameras are set in groups of four.

Examples:
  • Unit Codes 1, 2, 3 & 4
  • OR: 5, 6, 7 & 8
  • OR: 9, 10, 11 & 12
  • OR: 13, 14, 15 & 16

The reason for this grouping is so that when one camera turns on, the other 3 in the group will turn off automatically. This way you will not get more than 1 at a time transmitting a signal.

I don't know how Multi-View works, but it does sound like you do have the motion sensor set properly. It's most likely your camera addresses that need to be fixed.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.