Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Homeseer Technologies new Multi Sensor  (Read 34999 times)

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
Homeseer Technologies new Multi Sensor
« on: July 10, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »

Here is a link for Homeseer Motion(PIR)-Temperature-Light sensor.Fantastic product at a great price. :P
Also capable of controlling four other devices (ZWave or other).Uses new 300 series Zensys ZWave chip. ;D
This new generation chip allows Battery use and long life(minimum one year) and is cheaper to produce.
This means that by the end of the year there should be battery ZWave devices.(Goodbye DS10A-MS10A and so on) 8)
Good news for consumers and extremely bad news for X-10 (their days are numbered IMHO).

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor-HomeSeer-P438C57.aspx

Evergreen will be producing by Dec 2007 ZWave product similar to DS10A but with tamper and other bonuses.(see zwave alliance page).

teez67f

Re: Homeseer Technologies new Multi Sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:50:04 PM »

The post mentioned evergreen ... sorry  it was this company ::)

http://www.everspring.com/

I was looking to upgrade my cpu on an old pc and had evergreen still fresh in my head.(they make retrofit upgrade cpu's at a decent price).Sorry. 8)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »

Good news for consumers and extremely bad news for X-10 (their days are numbered IMHO).

PRICE: $99.95      IMHO.... there may be a lot of zeros behind X10's numbered days.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

teez67f

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:53 PM »

Yes $99.95/ea. but you get what you pay for.
1.Motion with adjustable parameters
2.Secure protocol and reliable 2 way communication.
3.Light sensor with precise level indication through homeseer.(For those that wish to use it)
4.Temperature sensor with an accuracy of 0.2F with live temp. reading in Homeseer.(Again Homeseer also supports X-10 and has many users in HA community of DIY or not).
5.Has real time battery monitor with alert level set by user.(Alert at 30% or 50% etc,...)
6.300 foot range but I'll be happy even with half of that.(Try that with a CM15A unless you hack it with antenna as many including myself have done---Non FCC conform)
and so on ....... ;)
Yes MS10A get them for $10 + shipping(bundled deals) but not secure(easily disables with constant remote press) or using ext code in AHP.
Data collision makes them unreliable 50% of the time and range is at best 50ft. unless CM15A hacked or use WGL units/RFXCOM.
No battery monitor,no 2 way comm,45 second fixed delay before it resets but hey you're right at $10 bucks it's a steal. ;D
As time goes by most HA geeks and automation enthusiasts will want more than to putz around and get into reliable,secure and headache free Home Control.

X-10 is a great deal for the money but create a shopping list X-10 vs ZWave or Insteon and what really is the price vs value advantage.Oranges and apples. ???
X10 good to have fun and non-critical applications .... ZWave,Insteon(yes they have good points) reliable and the future of HA.
IMHO of course and if anyone can bring up other interesting points please do ...hence the beauty of this open and friendly forum.

Thanks for the input Dave_x10_L it would great to get debates going,very good points can be made in every direction.Many questions could be answered.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 08:33:50 AM »

6.300 foot range but I'll be happy even with half of that.(Try that with a CM15A unless you hack it with antenna as many including myself have done---Non FCC conform)

FCC conformance applies only to radiated emissions.

The CM15A antenna modification spoken of are for receiving, not transmitting.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »

Don't take me wrong teez67f when it comes to the little battery powered motion sensor..... I feel your pain. I also have been disappointed with them from time-to-time. I use the X10 floodlight motion sensor, which I am very happy with.

EL34 recently posted his sensor mod project and provided a link to his Site. This REALLY grabbed my interest!

Home Automation is an always changing technology

teez67f

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 10:55:58 AM »

Hello Dave .. I'm very pleased about comparing views and opinions so no "never take anything to be wrong". ;)
Although unimpressed with MS10A have to admit Active & Eagle eyes pack a good punch for the money.
These little buggers are great sensors and the dusk feature is practical as well.
Would love to see someone mod these with ZWave chip & firmware hack.(Maybe already done somewhere out there?) ???
I agree 150% about your floodlight satisfaction since I also use them and very pleased as well.
Pr511 are probably the best thing X-10 ever did and to my knowledge the only 100% reliable 2-way units(status poll).
Thanks for the link to mods will read up on it since it is always interesting to see great mods working and useful.

You're right puck FCC rules apply to receiving but the point was brought up because many including myself have modded the transmitter side of things as well.Have CM15A schematics for anyone who needs them. ;D
Note that my X-10 is no longer in use except for my PR511'S.
Schematics are practical for example chime unit's can be finely tuned to become 100% reliable.Good mods for these on google.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.