Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: duplicate AH features in Smart Macros  (Read 6831 times)

myron18

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
duplicate AH features in Smart Macros
« on: July 22, 2007, 09:27:29 AM »

I'm trying to duplicate some of the good features from AH ver 1.3 in AHP. In AH I'm able to write a multi-layered module that will turn on/off over a 24 hr period, and then include it in a macro. My big problem with AH is that I have to reinstall separate programs for vacation, home, etc. With the use of flags in AHP, I should be able to include everything in a single program. BUT, I can't figure out how to include multi 24hr timed events in Smart Macros, without having to write sepsrate macros for each 3 hr block of time, etc. I tried to convert the AH files to AHP but no success.

Can anyone help?

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: duplicate AH features in Smart Macros
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:19:39 PM »

BUT, I can't figure out how to include multi 24hr timed events in Smart Macros, without having to write sepsrate macros for each 3 hr block of time, etc. I tried to convert the AH files to AHP but no success.

I have four macros for when we're away for more than one day.  One each for Morning, Noon, Evening & Night.  They're all conditional on the same flag which I set to ON when we're going to be away.  Even if I could have put all the functions in a single macro in AHP I still would have broken them up this way to make them both more stable and easier to maintain.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

myron18

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:04:50 AM »

In the AH program, I could write a single timed module, to go on/off different times each day, or more than once a night. I then wrote the macros for different times of the year (summer, winter and Halloween). AH permitted the timed modules to be put in the macros. My goal was to give the appearance of randomness. Unfortunately, the AH interface has many negatives.

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:59:12 AM »

My goal was to give the appearance of randomness. Unfortunately, the AH interface has many negatives.

I forgot to mention in my earler post that another benefit of using four macros instead of one is that each can have "Security" checked in Advanced Functions so that the entire string of daily commands is not in the same sequence since each starts with its own, unique, random offset. I do this with two of the four. A third is synched with Dusk and the fourth is fixed. This arrangement tends to be the best approximation of our life style.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.