Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [BUG?] Latest Batch of WS467s Function Differently From Previous Versions...  (Read 50266 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX

I've acquired several of the redesigned WS467 Wall Switch Modules.  These have date code sticker 07E21.   Their characteristics differ radically from the original WS467 but also in several ways from the redesigned LM465 plug-in Lamp Module.

My report is available online at http://www.heyu.org/docs/New_WS467.txt

Not mentioned in the report (I'll need to revise it) is that, like the LM14A and redesigned LM467, these modules support Extended Code group commands, i.e., several modules can be configured as a group and afterwards can be turned on to their individual brightness levels with a single 'group execute' command.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

...My report is available online at http://www.heyu.org/docs/New_WS467.txt

• Manually converted from (?Linux?) .TXT to simple .HTML to allow automatic 'on-the-fly' width reformatting to screen and/or paper size.

• Corrected one typo.

• Added several revisions to improve clarity, IMO.

For your approval: New_WS467.Html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:21:13 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10

Will the new WS467 switches retain a preset brightness level in the event of a power interruption?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page

My report is available online at http://www.heyu.org/docs/New_WS467.txt

Thanks for your hard work.  Much needed information.  It get's a helpful from me!  :D

Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Charles Sullivan

Will the new WS467 switches retain a preset brightness level in the event of a power interruption?

The WS467 I have on test right now seems to retains the setting for a little while, and during that time will come back on to that setting when the power resumes.   It retained the setting for an interruption of 30 seconds but lost the setting after an interruption of 1 minute.  (I can't say that it retained the exact setting, only that it came back up looking about as dim as prior to being powered down.)

So it does not have non-volatile memory.  I suspect the exact retention period will be lot dependent and also dependent on other factors like temperature and humidity.

(I rigged a HandyBox with a WS467, a receptacle, and a plug cord so I can test wall switch modules without having to constantly flip breakers in my breaker box.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Charles Sullivan

...My report is available online at http://www.heyu.org/docs/New_WS467.txt

• Manually converted from (?Linux?) .TXT to simple .HTML to allow automatic 'on-the-fly' width reformatting to screen and/or paper size.

• Corrected one typo.

• Added several revisions to improve clarity, IMO.

For your approval: New_WS467.Html

Good work TTA.  But does the original .txt file not render properly in your browser?   It looks OK to me in Internet Explorer under Win XP.   (I may have forgotten to change the end-of-line characters to DOS style, but that should affect only reading a saved copy with Notepad.)

Since my earlier message today on this subject I've posted a revision noting the Extended Code group functions.  I'll consider your suggestion of converting to HTML and your typo/clarity revisions.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

Good work TTA.  But does the original .txt file not render properly in your browser?   It looks OK to me in Internet Explorer under Win XP.   (I may have forgotten to change the end-of-line characters to DOS style, but that should affect only reading a saved copy with Notepad.)

It does display "as intended". But, if I *HAVE* to nit-pick ::) I guess I'd say that they looked CLUNKY / OLD-FASHIONED / SQUISHED UP TO THE LEFT. :o

It's so rare nowadays to see hyphenated words. And the lone 0Ahs instead of 0A0Dh pairs *DO* look funny in Notepad. ;)

...Since my earlier message today on this subject I've posted a revision noting the Extended Code group functions.  I'll consider your suggestion of converting to HTML and your typo/clarity revisions.

Whatever you decide to do is fine with me. Since I was going through the effort for myself (to print both documents out), I just thought that I'd make them available for anyone else.

Charles Sullivan

It does display "as intended". But, if I *HAVE* to nit-pick ::) I guess I'd say that they looked CLUNKY / OLD-FASHIONED / SQUISHED UP TO THE LEFT. :o

Well hey... what else would you expect from a CLUNKY/OLD FASHIONED/SQUISHED UP/RIGHT-WING LEFTIST type of guy like me.  :D

It's so rare nowadays to see hyphenated words. And the lone 0Ahs instead of 0A0Dh pairs *DO* look funny in Notepad. ;)

It's kind of rare to see the language used properly at all nowadays.     (I'll convert the EOL characters to that CLUNKY/OLD FASHIONED DOS style at the earliest opportunity.)

...Since my earlier message today on this subject I've posted a revision noting the Extended Code group functions.  I'll consider your suggestion of converting to HTML and your typo/clarity revisions.

Whatever you decide to do is fine with me. Since I was going through the effort for myself (to print both documents out), I just thought that I'd make them available for anyone else.

My attempt to save a clean copy of your HTML (unencumbered with Geocities advertising) reminded me why I prefer plain old ASCII text.  ;)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

...My attempt to save a clean copy of your HTML (unencumbered with Geocities advertising) reminded me why I prefer plain old ASCII text.  ;)

Advertising? What advertising?

Oh yeah, I forgot - you use Linux. :P

There are Windows FREEWARE Tools, such as Proxomitron N42 for IE and Adblock / Adblock Plus for Firefox, that have been 'hiding' all sorts of advertisements / popups / etc... for me for YEARS. Also, IIRC, you should be able to RIGHT-CLICK (even in a Linux browser) and get an option "View Source", which should separate the "wheat from the chaff" since the GeoCities advertisements are in a separate frame.

Regardless, I will E-Mail you a copy of both files shortly...

Charles Sullivan

...My attempt to save a clean copy of your HTML (unencumbered with Geocities advertising) reminded me why I prefer plain old ASCII text.  ;)

Advertising? What advertising?

Oh yeah, I forgot - you use Linux. :P

There are Windows FREEWARE Tools, such as Proxomitron N42 for IE and Adblock / Adblock Plus for Firefox, that have been 'hiding' all sorts of advertisements / popups / etc... for me for YEARS. Also, IIRC, you should be able to RIGHT-CLICK (even in a Linux browser) and get an option "View Source", which should separate the "wheat from the chaff" since the GeoCities advertisements are in a separate frame.

Yeah, but there's a Catch-22:  If I were running Windows and AHP, I probably wouldn't have been able to adequately characterize the redesigned modules in the first place.   :-\

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

kpautohome

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I think there is something wrong with the switches, I just bought them two weeks ago and one they don't work from timers [ that could be the software and the] and two some times when you turn them on at the switch sometimes they are all the way dimmed and appear to be off. I have to pick up my remote and turn up the brightness. I thought the wall switch wasn't working because of this "undocumented feature" until I realized they were on but 99% dimmed.

As far as working with timers i have another thread going so I won't too deep into that. In short I've never gotten them to turn on a dusk with the dusk to dawn timer, but they always work via remote control at any time of the day. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.