Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: lost macros  (Read 10458 times)

donutlou

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
lost macros
« on: July 19, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »

somehow i lost all my macros with no back up. is there any way i can upload them from the cm15a to my computer.

Boiler

Re: lost macros
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:14 PM »

Just your macro's? Did you accidentally delete a room?

Try looking in your deleted modules.  Check your reports (file/reports/general) to see if they were accidentally moved to another room. 

Always make a backup - on another pc, floppy, whatever.  This is the voice of experience - I've been burned more than once.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:35:39 PM »

Also look and see if you accidentally saved the the .ahx file under another name. Granted if would of required you choosing the "save as" option and picking a new name. Save what you have under a new name and then try opening any other .ahx files you have one by one.

...and no I've never seen a way to upload macros from the CM15A.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

donutlou

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 02:02:33 AM »

i logged in, and the whole thing was empty... like a new program was installed... :-[

Boiler

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:00:36 AM »

Sounds like your .ahx file got whacked.  You could try a file search (*.ahx) to see if there are any other copies on your system, but I think you're at a dead end.

The would need to be a AHP function (to re-create all the modules and functions within AHP).  I agree with Steven, I'm not aware of any way to do this.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »

...The would need to be a AHP function (to re-create all the modules and functions within AHP)...
The best an upload could do, even if possible, would be to give you a subset of the details in the .ahx file. e.g. If you have C1 defined as the front porch light and have it set to come on at dusk, all the CM15A gets during a download is that C1 is suppose to come on at dusk. The CM15A neither cares or has room to store macro and module names. Needless to say you would still have some work on your hands recreating the original .ahx file from any restore.

Best to backup! I backup before each modification. After modification, I even make a backup to a separate drive.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »

Sounds like your .ahx file got whacked.  You could try a file search (*.ahx) to see if there are any other copies on your system, but I think you're at a dead end.

The would need to be a AHP function (to re-create all the modules and functions within AHP).  I agree with Steven, I'm not aware of any way to do this.

As several have posted, BACK UP YOUR .AHX FILES and do it EVERY time you make a change. Backup to another drive or portable storage.  If anything happens (corrupt file, hard disk crash, etc.) your butt is saved.  Also, you can make a printout of all your modules, macros and timers.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.