Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Status Request  (Read 5279 times)

Love X10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Status Request
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »

Hello X10 community

I am using x10 Active homepro with Smart Macros, My House On line and On Alert. When I review my activity log I am noticing that status request keeps appearing. Is that the computer checking on the status of the security modules? Any info concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Slightly perplexed x10 user

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Status Request
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:11:01 PM »

The status request is not from the security modules.

I believe this occurs when you have a 2-way module selected for a device in AHP.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »

The status request is not from the security modules.

I believe this occurs when you have a 2-way module selected for a device in AHP.

I don't think that AHP generates any Status Requests, just for fun.  I mean, it doesn't just check periodically all the 2-way modules status to verify it knows the correct state, just in case.

I kind-of liked the way the CM14A's worked, in that the CM14A would do a Status Request if you used a 2-way module in a macro conditional.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Love X10

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »

X10  community

My thoughts were in reference to security and active homepro requesting a status check because I know that every hour the DS10A and MS10A modules report there status. If these modules are utilized with a PS 561 and they do not report,  it turns on a trouble light to let you know to check the unit attached to that zone. I am not using a PS561 at this time but felt like the software might have intergrated some of that technology. Any further input would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Slightly perplexed in X1010

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 04:25:21 PM »

The DS10A and MS10A don't have a receiver in them to respond to a Status Request. I believe the firmware in them; just sends a message periodically and if the console doesn't see one in four hours. Flags a trouble in that zone. Maybe one of the plug ins is doing something.

Love X10

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:21:26 PM »

I think we might be on to something. Along with the numerous status request I was getting some erroneous codes that did not apply to my programming. I think the culprit might be noise on the line and I have a smarthome 12073WW switch at that location. It is a two way switch and now that I have disabled it all appears to be well. We will know in about 24 hrs. If that is the problem I will replace it with a newer model Insteon that I think will be able to function even though there might be a little noise present.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »

For what it's worth (even though it looks like you've solved the problem), I never get a status request concerning security sensors with OnAlert, even though I inadvertly installed a DS10A by mistake (too lazy to redo them all again).  As for all my other sensors, DS10A sends a "sensor closed" approximately every hour, while MS10A sends a "motion reset" about 1:15.

Love X10

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:56:42 AM »

Oh Well

It is not fixed it is still doing the same thing. I do not think that I have any macros that are utilizing the module status conditions but I will check. Any other ideas?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »

Does the log show an address also? Like B10 B Status Request?

Love X10

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 08:23:56 PM »

It does give a address before the sequential status requests. It is not on the same line like the other log entries. The house code the is consistant is M but the unit code is not. The House Code that I am monitoring is I. The only thing that I have on that house code is a occupancy sensor and it is on M7. On second thought,  I have two occupancy sensors on the same house and unit code. I wonder is that the problem. I will address The other occupancy sensor to M9 and adjust the macros accordingly. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all of your input. We will conquer this together.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.