Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: myhouse and cox isp  (Read 17585 times)

bravoland

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
myhouse and cox isp
« on: July 26, 2007, 09:50:35 AM »

is anyone able to connect to myhouse on a pc that is running on cox.  I believe cox blocks port 80. and no matter what changes i make to my router i can't connect.. Weird thing is i was able to connect for about a month earlier in the year but i have not be able to since..   Sure do wish X10 would put out a way to change the port it uses..

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: myhouse and cox isp
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:50:11 PM »

is anyone able to connect to myhouse on a pc that is running on cox.  I believe cox blocks port 80. and no matter what changes i make to my router i can't connect.. Weird thing is i was able to connect for about a month earlier in the year but i have not be able to since..   Sure do wish X10 would put out a way to change the port it uses..

A PC that is running on cox???  What is cox?  What O/S are you running?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:47:34 AM »

Cox is a cable TV company. Port 80 is a very common port and I would be very surprised if the cable company was blocking it. As Dan asked, what operating system are you using and what brand router. Most routers have built-in firewalls and maybe it is blocking your access.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

bravoland

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »

Sorry for the confusion.

My ISP is Cox Communication (Mid south texas, oklahoma etc..)
using xp pro sp2
tried with both xp firewall on and off
currently using a trendnet router..but also have a spare linksys that i plugged in and tried.. tried port forwarding to my pc.. also tried putting my pc on the dmz
as i stated earlier. myhouse worked for about a month.. back in feb i was able to go to work and connect all the time.
then just one day nothing.

1:  Which ports does Cox currently block or filter?  Cox presently blocks Port 25 (both directions except for access to Cox HSI provided mail servers), port 80 (inbound), port 135 (both directions), Ports 136-139 (both directions), Port 445 (both directions), Port 1433 (inbound), Port 1434 (inbound), Port 1900 (both directions) and Port 27374 (both directions).  Information on blocked ports is kept updated on  support.cox.com. 

is there not another way to use a different port for myhouse instead of 80.. i can open up just about any port except for the one's listed above.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 07:39:03 PM »

It may not be Cox, it may be the Myhouse Online server. There is a lot of trouble connecting to it, and it's constantly going up and down. People can connect from home, but not from a remote computer with Myhouse installed.  Seems X10 is ready to sell Myhouse, but not fix the access problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

ufans

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 10:43:33 PM »

Use something like www.no-ip.com to relay your Web (port 80) traffic to another port.  You can use the service to create a DNS name that follows the dynamic IP addresses supplied by most cable Internet providers.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 03:49:31 PM »

bravoland
As mentioned here  Topic: Router and Ports  (Read 2746 times) Myhouse also uses port 8001!
Try opening that port! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.