Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 60 wireless camera to set up...  (Read 18169 times)

danilomoretto

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
60 wireless camera to set up...
« on: July 26, 2007, 07:43:25 PM »

Hi,

I need to install a total of 60 cameras, to record video of a huge area, if there a wifi camera or a total system tha can i use to do that?

I need to use wireless cameras because the distance between DVR or Server are long..

anyone can help me....

Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: 60 wireless camera to set up...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 07:29:22 PM »

I need to install a total of 60 cameras, to record video of a huge area, if there a wifi camera or a total system tha can i use to do that?

WOW..... and I thought I had a nice camera setup.

X10 makes nice wireless cameras! But I can't recommend any ONE system as a general rule. You had said "I need to use wireless cameras because distance between DVR or Server are long.." Would ALL the cameras be far from a recording device... or maybe just 30-40 of them? Maybe half of your system could be hardwired.

Will the cameras be used in an outdoor well lighted parking lot.... or a dark indoor warehouse? Will the cameras need to be hidden for surveillance or do they need to be visible for deterrence? Do the cameras need to be armored or otherwise protected from vandals? Is black and white OK, or do you require color? Will the cameras be monitored, or just recorded for viewing later?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »

Well concerning x10 wireless cameras I had the dickens trying to get perfect reception from 30 feet away although I eventually did. Most people say they can't get anywhere close to the claimed 100 feet, so a hardwired system my be your only option. That and the possibility of interference will somewhat limit your options if you plan on going the wireless route.

Tom j
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 11:39:59 PM by tom j »

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:57:29 AM »

I need to install a total of 60 cameras, to record video of a huge area, ......

danilomoretto does have a challenge worthy of a professional installer! I don't know anything of his location to be camera'ed. But 60 cameras would rival (or exceed) even a large discount store, with both inside and parking lot requirements.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 11:47:33 AM »

danilomoretto
Operating from the assumption you want live video from all cameras at the same time, X10 wireless cameras will not need your needs Too many cameras trying to use the same frequencies, at the same time. The X10 maximum would be four cameras live, at once.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 11:57:47 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:47:53 PM »

Operating from the assumption you want live video from all cameras at the same time, X10 wireless cameras will not need your needs Too many cameras trying to use the same frequencies, at the same time. The X10 maximum would be four cameras live, at once.

Maybe.... fewer cameras could be used if they were mobile? Like my crawl-space/under-deck wire puller (with roof mounted wireless cam).

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:00:47 AM by Dave_x10_L »

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »

Setting up groups of 4 to feed a quad processor and then feed that into a programable modulator (a good quad unit should have a built in programable modulator) might work OK. You could spread out the groups of 4 so the wireless RF won't interfear with another group. (This is where weak RF could be a plus.) I would guess that with 60 cameras, 15 quad processors, 15 monitors, 15 VCR's or DVD recorders would get a bit pricey. The project might be doable and fun to setup. The above assumes you would want all 60 cams live. (wired cams would be easier to work with though)

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.