Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Single gang Wireless decora style switch  (Read 28823 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Single gang Wireless decora style switch
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 05:32:22 PM »

Would not a decora-style 3-way companion switch, like the WS14A, be much the same thing???  Aren't companion switches just momentary contact switches??

Well..... you might be right Walt2. I've never used the WS14A. Is it a hardwired switch?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »

Would not a decora-style 3-way companion switch, like the WS14A, be much the same thing???  Aren't companion switches just momentary contact switches??

Well..... you might be right Walt2. I've never used the WS14A. Is it a hardwired switch?

It's hardwired in its original application but it's just a momentary contact switch.  See my earlier post in this thread about one way to use it in this application. The companion switch in the older 3 way x10 switch works the same way but it's harder to get by itself. When I needed one I had to buy the whole assembly on EBay just to get the companion switch.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

gil shultz

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »

Good Evening,

Just thinking out loud:
I had a similar problem but also had a fan involved.  I purchased three Emerson SW101 switches and the module for the fan.  I installed them in series and they have work flawless since I installed them about 10 months ago.  I also purchased the hand held RF remote for these and it makes a very sound system.  I have dimmable lighting and a multi speed fan. The control from the switches is actually RF and it may be possible just to run a power line to the switch and not connect the ground.  If you do you blow the switch.  Note if you do that the on/off switch will not work.

Good Luck
Gil Shultz

levydav

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 02:01:27 PM »

The EXACT off-the-shelf solution now exists: the EnOcean/Ad Hoc Electronics Batter- Free 3-Way Wireless Light Switch Kit:
>http://www.adhocelectronics.com/Products/Wireless-Lighting-Control;jsessionid=0a010c441f435e59c460db204c9bb2e0ec474cafbf50.e3eTa3aSaxmTe34Pa38Ta38Paxb0

But it's not cheap: $260 for a receiver and three decora switches

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 03:17:07 PM »

Very old thread, but I found an answer for the OP. (this works, I've tried the concept using motion sensors).

Hot glue a Credit Card Remote on wall at appropriate location.

Wait for wife to have a nuclear hissy fit and WAF goes in to exponential negative numbers.

Replace credit card remote with a Slim Line Sticky SS13 switch.

WAF resets to zero, neutral.

Grab an adult beverage.

rofl

"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.