Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Poker Table Cameras  (Read 5128 times)

kgooding

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Poker Table Cameras
« on: July 30, 2007, 10:26:53 PM »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could shed some light and offer any thought to our project. My brother and I are throwing an poker tourny and we are wanting to add cameras to the final table. If any of you have seen poker on TV you will notice they often have cameras which are under the table, players cards are placed on glass or similar in which the camera can see the cards.

We strongly feel we can use 4 cameras with 8 playes. By having the cards placed at about 30 degree angle on the glass, so each players cards are raised on a slope away from them.  So a single camera, placed a foot away under the table, can see both players' hands.. We will also use cards with large prints for an easier view.

Ideally, I would like to transmit all 4 cameras to my PC (at the time will be hooked up to a nice 64 inch TV :) ) - where I can take each individual stream and output to premade webpage or program. We of course are also thinking of getting a 5th camera hooked up to the Ninja for above the board to see the cards on the board and players faces :)

If someone could just claify that the viewing angle should be OK? i.e. One foot away to see two pairs of cards with a foot between them. And what is needed to take the X10 stream to the PC?

Your answers are appreciated, we intend to get this going by august 15th - so time is somewhat of a factor.

Thanks again.

Kurt

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Poker Table Cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 05:39:21 PM »

Clarity shouldn't be a problem! ;) How ever distance each players cards are from each other will be! ::)
Cam Test:
    [li]1: I Set a B&W cam up 1 foot from wall centered on the 16 inch mark first pic!
    But you can see it would be impossible to see two players cards with out a ninja pan & tilt![/li]
    [li]2: Next I set up a wide-eye the same gives you a wider viewing range[/li]
    [li]3: but once I set up the cards at approx 30degrees and at the 8 inch they became unreadable this using standard cards! [/li]
    [li]4: Since the wide-eye was on a ninja I paned slightly and it brought the cards into focus! ][/li]
    [/list]
    So you may need a ninja mount for each cam regardless of which cams you decide to use! ::)
    For more info on wireless cams check Wireless Cams in the X10 knowledge base
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:54:14 PM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

kgooding

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 06:15:20 PM »

Wow  :D

Thank you so much for such an extensive reply. This has really clarified what we need. Of course I may get 8 cameras - however the only computer which has two PCI slots isn't the best of the buch - though it does have a gig ram and is optimised do that should work.

Thaank you so much, really. I will keep you updated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Helpful Post Rating: 282
    • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 06:28:14 PM »

Glad you found it Helpful ;)
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:41:35 PM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.