Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sharing DS10A Usage Ideas  (Read 11119 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Sharing DS10A Usage Ideas
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »

One thing to remember when automating with DS10As is the "heart beat". They update their status about every hour (every 66 minutes?).

And this could also be a very useful signal as well. Since many times we just ignore the "Normally Closed" signal that comes from the DS10A, it does occur every ~1 hour and it can be an useful macro trigger.

For example, when my security is armed in away mode, I use the "NC" signals from each sensor on my windows to turn off any devices within that room. So when we leave the house, we know that within an hour, any lights or appliances that may have been left on will get turned off. If any rogue signal causes something to turn on, it will only be on for less than an hour.

No sense wasting a well timed and predictable signal.

Nice, Very Helpful   idea! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Sharing DS10A Usage Ideas
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »

And this could also be a very useful signal as well. Since many times we just ignore the "Normally Closed" signal that comes from the DS10A, it does occur every ~1 hour and it can be an useful macro trigger.
For example, when my security is armed in away mode, I use the "NC" signals from each sensor on my windows to turn off any devices within that room. So when we leave the house, we know that within an hour, any lights or appliances that may have been left on will get turned off. If any rogue signal causes something to turn on, it will only be on for less than an hour.

Very cool (and helpful from me as well).

So if I understand that idea correctly.... [one of] my bedroom DS10A sensors would be the trigger to turn Off my bedroom lights. The DS10A would trigger a conditional macro... with the condition being that the alarm is armed (On) in away mode. Each room would use a similar configuration. So even if I left the home with all the lights on... room by room all the lights would turn off... within the normal (about an hour) heart beat cycle(s).

I like that!
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.