Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upgrading Icons  (Read 12654 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Upgrading Icons
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:55:22 PM »

Say I was thinking possibly about one of these remotes but I think I read somewhere that it kind of heavy is that true and how or maybe I should say is it possible to add additional icons as they are needed for various channels? and how would you access a channel that may not have a icon assigned to it. Thanks

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Upgrading Icons
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:57:42 PM »

Say I was thinking possibly about one of these remotes but I think I read somewhere that it kind of heavy is that true and how or maybe I should say is it possible to add additional icons as they are needed for various channels? and how would you access a channel that may not have a icon assigned to it. Thanks

Tom j
Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier! :-[ ::)
Heavy well that depends on what your comparing it to, compared to a simple remote yes!
It isn't possible to add additional icons (yet). There is a small USB port in the battery compartment that may be used latter(for now X10 uses it to load the drivers)
The suggestion has been made that X10 sell a kit (USB cable and software to upload new icons), so the end user can update the device! When or if this is done is anyones guess! ::) ;)
You assign the Icons to the station so you could just assign a number to the channel as well! ;)
Or if you wish you can just press the channel number.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.