Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle Eye Sensor - Too Sensitive  (Read 6861 times)

barrzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Eagle Eye Sensor - Too Sensitive
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:34:39 AM »

Hello,
I have an Eagle Eye Sensor that I was using to activate the x10 door chime, but I had to disconnect it as it was driving me crazy.
It was mounted at at 5 feet on a front porch which has a set of steps about another 3.5 ft. Problem: The sensor picked up movement from cars driving down the street, some 25 feet from the unit. Occasionally the tree swaying in the wind would trigger it or when the sun came up. Any way of lessening the sensitivity/distance it senses? Thanks,Derek

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Eagle Eye Sensor - Too Sensitive
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »

If you can't reposition the sensor so it does not "see" the street, try putting pieces of electrical or masking tape on the lense to make the lense opening smaller.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:24:38 PM »

I have an Eagle Eye Sensor that I was using to activate the x10 door chime, ........................The sensor picked up movement from cars driving down the street..............Occasionally the tree swaying in the wind would trigger it or when the sun came up.

I think mine could be triggered by clouds, pollen, butterflys, or aircraft noise.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 07:50:13 PM »

I have a sensor on my front porch that I have aimed straight down. It doesn't get fooled often except when a wasp lands on it.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

tgordo49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »

A simple internet search will lead you to solutions from tape masking of the lens to adding actual sensitivity adjustment potentiometers to the circuitry. Fear not, they are cheap & fun to modify!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.