Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems With Flashing Lights  (Read 5430 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Problems With Flashing Lights
« on: August 23, 2007, 07:16:44 PM »

Hello just noticed a few weeks ago when I accidentally set off my alarm a couple of times that the lights took a while to come on line, usually when the alarm goes off the flashing and sirens come on almost instantly but I've just noticed that for some reason there's a long or I should say a delay and the lights seems not to flash in unasence after maybe 15 to 20 seconds or so everything seems to work. This never occurs during the day, only after dark. I checked the only thing that could of been causing interference was maybe my refrigerator so I unplugged it and it still happen can't seem to figure out whats causing this, hoping someone can help. Thanks!

Tom j

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Problems With Flashing Lights
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »

Are you using AHP also? Could it be one of your lights are also a trigger in a macro? Or maybe a signal collision?

Just a guess.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

tom j

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »

Are you using AHP also? Could it be one of your lights are also a trigger in a macro? Or maybe a signal collision?

Just a guess.

Yep I have AHP, but I'm not using a light as a trigger I am using a motion detector, but you can repeat this numinous times at night even if it were a macro it doesn't run continuously, you know what I mean. I thought maybe some kind of noise on the line that only occurs at night but I can't figure what would be causing it the dishwasher wasen't running  unplugged the freezer, turned off the air just can't figure going to pickup a few of the in line noise filters for the freg we have two and the furnace although that's certainly not a problem now, any other thoughts?? Thanks!

Tom j

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 05:31:36 PM »

tom j did you think about any motion sensors that are responding to dusk/dawn? Also any of them that might have weak batteries and has reset to default House/Unit code that might mess you up?

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »

Say guys there's a really large church near by so I'm now thinking that some noise of some kind is actually coming in the house isn't there a way to block something like this from entering the house. Also think something like this might help in identifying the problem. Thanks!

Tom j

http://www.smarthome.com/4819a.html

http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/4819_web.pdf

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 03:15:26 AM »

Say guys there's a really large church near by so I'm now thinking that some noise of some kind is actually coming in the house...
While I'm sure there have been at least one "God..." and "Jesus" exclaimed from time to time by an X10 DIY person, I think this is the first time I've ever heard of a church being accused of interfering with X10.  ;)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.