Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Range Extender?  (Read 4044 times)

Kiteloop

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Range Extender?
« on: August 26, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »

I have a detached garage which is about 40ft from the house.  I have a door/window sensor on the man door of the garage, and the dialer is placed in direct line of sight of the garage door where the sensor is through 2 panes of glass in the house.  A couple times a year it loses communication to that sensor and I have to go through the whole process of wiping out the dialer info and setting everything up again (all the house stuff, phone numbers etc).  My first question is: will the range extender help in this situation because it will not actually be in between the dialer and the wireless sensor?  I do not want to buy it and find out it will not help-any opinions or other ideas are welcome.

If that does not work the other option is to use a chime, transciever and motion sensor so at least if I am home and someone goes in the garage I will hear a chime - no dialer but I'm willing to live with that if I have to.  I tested that idea and it works well since the signal to the chime goes through the wires to the house.  I dont have any spare outdoor sensors, is there anyway to use an indoor motion sensor? (I have a few MS10 and a MPS01s that I'm not using.  Keep in mind if I go that route I will not be on the same address as the dialer...

Thanks a bunch for any responses or suggestions.
Bruce

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.