💬General Category > General Discussion

A Forum Suggestion

(1/5) > >>

Puck:
When topics get moved to a more appropriate location, it is important to have a redirect from the original poster's chosen location. My suggestion is to have these MOVED notices deleted after so much time has elapsed.

The purpose of these is so the OP can find his/her post and any replies. IMHO after about a week, these become unnecessary to the content of the forum.

Currently, as I had just searched, there are 337 MOVED posts. When you are looking through differnet categories or doing a search, there are a lot of these now useless posts to wade through. I for one would like to see them disappear over time.

KDR:
Thanks Puck for the idea. The CO's are looking into that right now. I would think anything over 30 days should be deleted. I'm thinking 30 because there are some people that do take 3 week vacations so if that's the case they could still find it.

----------------KDR

Tuicemen:
Actually each CO is responsible for removing their moved posts!
It was suggested by (the last administer) that they be removed after a few days! Most wait until the OP has logged back on before removing the moved post!
If one finds an old moved post, PM the CO and inform them you found an old one(they may have missed it or forgotten about it)! ::)
If it remains PM mmallari as that CO Can't their job! ;)
And state that fact! ;)

Puck:
Thanks KDR & Tuicemen.

I just deleted the 9 moved messages I created during my brief CO era last March.  ;)

KDR:
Actually there are so many old ones and they are everywhere that whenever any CO runs across one they should just delete it. This way the board cleanup will go faster and everyone will be pitching in.

----------------KDR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version