Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SDK created Programs!  (Read 122457 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: SDK created Programs!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »

All I am looking for is a program that will launch custom scripts/executables when PLC commands are detected. 

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Actualy AHP will do this !
The trick is creating a batch file that opens the executable.
Have AHP start the batch file with a macro.
In order to have AHP reliably fire the windows command from a macro you need to do this work arround
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

xluthor

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »

Hello,

I am really interested in your web interface.  I would love to have a html page showing device status (lights, occupancy etc) and also be able to view logs from doors, motion sensors, etc.

Would you be willing to share some of your work?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Hi everyone!

I've developed some new stuff.  Not quite ready to show it yet, but it's pretty sweet.

What I have is an X10 to MySQL database engine.

It waits on commands from the X10 interface, and then submits them to the database.  This makes reporting awesome.  I've made some quick and dirty PHP pages that read the DB and report back the status of every device on a webpage.  It also keeps a transaction log of what is going on with the X10 system.  This is the beginning of the feature similar to that from the provided X10 software that will allow me to have other code examine what I turn on and off daily and have it make decisions on what to automatically schedule on and off.  That's fine and well, but it is also logging for me when doors are opened and closed, which believe it or not is invaluable data.

And speaking of scheduling, it has an event processing thread.  In addition to reading from the X10 interface and updating a database, it also does the reverse.  I can use other applications (a whole slew I've been writing actually) to put a simple message into a database events table.  The software will look at the events table on a timed basis and then send X10 commands out the interface if it's time for the scheduled item to be executed then remove the item from the events table when it is.

In short, I can read from a database to find out what's up with my house, and then write to the database to control something in it.  These reads and writes can come from anywhere.

Another awesome feature -- event routing.

Despite having a passive coupler installed to ensure the X10 signals go to both legs of my home's wiring, I still have problems with one device in the absolute further corner in the house away from the X10 interface.  I am able to control that device with a remote control, because I installed a transceiver in the same room and that is able to get the signals to the outlet.  Still, the commands coming from the X10 interface don't reach up to that room of that floor.  My solution, is to route that command to another computer.

I took the event processing module that looks in the database and sends out commands via the X10 interface and modded it to work with a firecracker interface.  I set it up to use a different table.  Now when my X10 server wants to send a command that I know will lose signal before it gets to the device, it has been coded to instead redirect that command into a different table.  Another computer, closer to the transceiver upstairs and equipped with a firecracker interface, reads the second table and sends its command through the firecracker.

In short, when the server cannot control a device, it is smart enough to tell another computer to control it for it.

Right now I'm rewriting my application that uses TCP to connect to the server and control things to instead do what it would do through the database.  It's a much thinner version of the server console.  I runs in the system tray.  I right click it, choose which floor of the house I want to control, and a floor plan pops up on the screen.  It queries the DB and updates the screen with which lights are on or off and if I click one, a command to do the opposite of its current state is added to the events table.  Again, if the X10 server knows it cannot control that device, it forwards the command to another table, where a device that can control it picks it up and takes care of it.

I'm very excited -- database control is about the best thing I've ever done for my system.

jl609

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

I have made an example that allows users to manipulate values on a publicly accessible MySQL database that is read by a PC on my private network which then sends an X10 command based on those state values. This keeps control of the X10 interface inside my private network while giving public access only to the state values that I allow.
I put a streaming video on it so you can see a lamp turn on and off as you click the button. I'll probably keep the stream up for a few weeks.

http://html5.litten.com/x10-lamp-control-over-the-internet-with-live-streaming-video-example/

All the source code and an explanation is there. Let me know if you have any questions.
James

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »

Hey James, that is pretty cool.
I already have several VB.net programs that I have written to access several MySql databases on 3 of my servers.

I was thinking that instead of creating a server and a local web page I would write a tiny VB.net program that runs as a service on startup.
The service program would check the database at an interval and send the proper x10 commands to the devices that have changed since it last database scan.

Each device in the database would have a single digit field that indicates that the device state has been changed since the last scan.
The field can contain a 0 for no change or a 1 for change

The data base service program scans the database and looks all devices that have a 1 in the indicator field.
Then carry out the on/off commnd
Then Reset the device indicator field in the database to 0

Two ideas here for the main device controller program:
I can write a Vb.net program that can run on any of my PC's or Notebook computers
It os just a button interface that has the ability to change the device on/off state in the database.

Or I supposed I could write a .php program that resides on my server and then I could use a browser to access and change devices from anywhere.

Pretty simple stuff, but I never thought of it till I saw your post.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:38:44 PM by EL34 »
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

Buman

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

The following program I made using Delphi. It uses the SDK to control the CM15 interface. The other interfaces are controlled directly. I would like to do this for the CM15 as well, however the protocol is not yet revealed as far as I know of.

There's also an Android client available.

You can find the program here: http://www.freewarefiles.com/Active-Home-Vista_program_44203.html.

gilboash

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 04:00:27 PM »

Hey there

I see it has been a while since someone published an SDK based app in here.

So I have developed an automation tool that manage Active Home X10 devices, combined with some really sexy features.
---
1. The tool allows you to control all X10 devices, along with UIRT devices, set macros and all the mandatory stuff, with a nice "design your house" wpf gui.

2. Actions - let you control which trigger device and action will cause which device to do something else (for example - motion sensor MS13 will result in sending you a mail, or voice command "Lights on" will cause livingroom lights to turn on).

3. Aggregated actions -meaning you can program amount of notifications that will cause trigger and not a single notifications (for example when no motion in room for 10 minutes turn off lights, or the opposite).

3. Voice controlled

4. IR devices control

5. Mail notifications

6. Server - Client to allow control over the tool from other PC's (Under Construction).

7. Power consumption statistic to minimize power usage (Under Construction).

obviously it is all free..

I strongly recommend to visit my website at www.gilboash.co.cc, it also has a do-it-yourself section with some explanations on the devices, and manual of how to activate the program.

So I would love to have some more overseas users- enjoy and contact me for any issues

gilboa

www.gilboash.co.cc

peec

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 01:20:16 AM »

For PHP developers, a new project I launched:

PHP API: http://code.google.com/p/x10php/

I am also working on a complete website ( same url ), with focus on technology, design and ease of use.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 01:26:59 PM »

For PHP developers, a new project I launched:

PHP API: http://code.google.com/p/x10php/

I am also working on a complete website ( same url ), with focus on technology, design and ease of use.

This looks really cool!
I didn't see any documentation yet, but from the looks of the code, I probably could figure a lot of it out myself.
I didn't see any examples that used Extended Codes. Are thy supported by this API?

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 10:47:17 PM »

I have been working on a program similar to BVC. It is a work in progress. It works very well on my Win 7 64 bit pc. No speech recognition box will pop up at the top of the screen. The voice recognition in the program will only listen for commands that meet the criteria as defined in a xml file. There will be no other forms popping up at random because windows 7 was listening in. There is a security monitor window where the gui objects can be set by you to resemble your individual floor plan. A rf sensor or power flash module will report to each gui object. The object will blink on and off until a "off" code is received. I have some screen shots here and you can download the program here: http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/MVC.zip  (make sure you read the readme.txt file). You will need to install the latest .Net 4.5 Framework for Win 7/8. Just ask questions here.

screenshot1:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture3.PNG
screenshot2:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture1.PNG
screenshot3:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture.PNG
screenshot4:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture4.PNG
screenshot6:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture6.PNG
screenshot7:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture7.PNG
screenshot8:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture8.PNG
screenshot9:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture9.PNG
screenshot10:  http://www.riverwalk-hoa.com/Capture12.PNG

Your program looks very interesting.  Are you running this as a addon to AHP or does it run on its own.  I am curious how you are pulling the addresses for the security sensors ds10a or ds12a.  I have been looking for a way to add these to my setup with out running AHP 

Cheers Ken

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »

SPVAL; does this program work on windows xp 32 bit?
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »

Hi Ken. The program runs by itself. It requires you to have the AH SDK installed. When you plug batteries into a DS10A, their normal output when reporting "on" or "off" is the format "M1 SOCIALITE", followed by something like "09,7E,8F,06,81 -1", as reported by the CM15A, CM19A being processed through the SDK script. Each DS10A has a unique code for on or off. I haven't used AHP for several years, but I remember that you have to set up a DS10A through a special process to work through AHP. With this program (while running), you put the batteries in the DS10A, trigger the sensor and watch for the M1 SOCIALITE code to appear in "received events". Just copy the code from the events window for on or off and paste the codes in the security monitor setup form for that particular sensor. No more dreading the AHP setup when you have to replace batteries. I hope my explanation helps.

- spval

Using this method to detect security devices doesn't always work.  :(
I had started to implement this in PCC when I discovered the issue.
I'm told this is a bug in the X10 code and it isn't intended to work that way.
At some point X10 will disable this making any program that relies on it inoperable :(

You may get all your devices set up this way and may have one that just won't.
Replacing batteries in a DS10A will cause it in most cases to change the transmitted code some times the SDK won't see the new code.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 03:28:12 PM »

The M1 SOCIALITE commands are an unintended receive. this is listed in the bugs report thread.
X10 developers on the payroll at the time stated this would be removed
However with the list of bugs it got moved to the back of the list.
since those programmers no longer work for x10 it may stay  in the bug list for some time longer. But I have been told it will be remove (fixed) at some point.
If you always get a M1 SOCIALITE command your lucky, not all my security sensors will send these. Also I've had sensors stop sending a M1 SOCIALITE once I changed the batteries.
However you may wish to add a disclaimer in your software that that detection may be removed from the SDK at some point and if/when that happens it is beyond your control.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »

I have 2 or 3 that always report the M1 SOCIALITE signal, even after several battery replacements
2 never ever sent those commands
And 3 stopped sending after a battery replacement.
So the M1 SOCIALITE commands are inconsistent in my setup.
When I asked that this inconsistency be fixed I was informed it was a bug and the M1 SOCIALITE signals would be removed altogether at some point as I shouldn't be seeing them.

This is why I never added the options to my programs, infact I programed them to ignore those signals.
Hopefully X10 changes their mind and doesn't remove the fact that these signals are seen and fixes the inconsistencies instead.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mustang65

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2012, 10:35:51 AM »

Hi,
The link to the PC Companion nolonger is a valid page.  Can someone correct that.
Thanks
Don

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2012, 08:56:20 AM »

Fixed
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.