Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A RF Frequency  (Read 5928 times)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
CM15A RF Frequency
« on: September 13, 2007, 11:33:36 PM »

I was curious if the RF recieve frequency for the cm15a was a frequency used by modern newer devices.  My wife has noticed that some devices will turn back on later in the night, after being manually shut off.  I have noticed that this seems to occur when we watch TV on a second TV which uses RF to communicate with the dish reciever.  It just dawned on me that the last time this occured, I was watching TV in bed.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:36:27 PM by nklght »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: CM15A RF Frequency
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:28:45 AM »

I was curious if the RF recieve frequency for the cm15a was a frequency used by modern newer devices.  My wife has noticed that some devices will turn back on later in the night, after being manually shut off.  I have noticed that this seems to occur when we watch TV on a second TV which uses RF to communicate with the dish reciever.  It just dawned on me that the last time this occured, I was watching TV in bed.

From a search of the forum ;) it would appear that the CM15A uses 310 MHz (in the USA).
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 01:15:25 AM »

Thanks for the info, how do I find out what frequency my satellite remotes use.  The company website only mentions that they are uhf remotes which travel trough walls and such.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 06:35:40 AM »

You should find an FCC sticker on it and you can then search the FCC web site with the ID number. If you can't find it easliy.
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 12:30:07 PM »

Thanks for the info, how do I find out what frequency my satellite remotes use.  The company website only mentions that they are uhf remotes which travel trough walls and such.

Seeing as X10 also makes "most" of the aftermarket "Universal Remotes" and many of the TV remotes used by manufacturers. Of course both of these are infrared. However, my bet is both Direct and Dish use X10 manufactured remotes. Both have that "X10 look". The likelyhood of the remote frequency being 310 mHz is very good. That said,  I don't see the sat/TV remote "turning off" lights in your house through the CM15A. I say that because I can't believe X10 would be dumb enough to use the same digital coding for their RF TV remotes as they do for X10 RF remotes.

What I could see, is the TV remote interfering with the X10 RF remote IF they were used at the same time.

Good luck with this, I think we would be interested in you findings.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »

Seeing as X10 also makes "most" of the aftermarket "Universal Remotes" and many of the TV remotes used by manufacturers. Of course both of these are infrared. However, my bet is both Direct and Dish use X10 manufactured remotes. Both have that "X10 look". The likelyhood of the remote frequency being 310 mHz is very good. That said,  I don't see the sat/TV remote "turning off" lights in your house through the CM15A. I say that because I can't believe X10 would be dumb enough to use the same digital coding for their RF TV remotes as they do for X10 RF remotes.

What I could see, is the TV remote interfering with the X10 RF remote IF they were used at the same time.

Good luck with this, I think we would be interested in you findings.

I do not believe X10 makes "most" of the TV Remotes, both aftermarket and original equipment. X10 is not listed on any of the aftermarket remotes as having anything to do with the brand name on them.   We just bought a new RCA  branded "Universal Remote" and X10 isn't even shown as one of the suppliers.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 11:19:58 AM »

Trust me Dan, most of the universal remotes (after market) and many remotes supplied by OEM manufacturers are manufactured by X10.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 12:07:34 PM »

Excuse me, but can you supply "proff" (a misspelling of proof) popular on several New York based BBSs ) of this? The documentation of our new RCA universal remote says nothing about X10 being involved.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »

Excuse me, but can you supply "proff" (a misspelling of proof) popular on several New York based BBSs ) of this? The documentation of our new RCA universal remote says nothing about X10 being involved.

Well Dan I guess this means you don't trust me. Now I am hurt.

"In 1988 X10 started manufacturing universal remotes for Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) under the One-For-All brand. We expanded this business to the point where we were manufacturing 1 million remotes a month. We now make remotes for Thomson (RCA/GE), RadioShack, ourselves, and others. We have the best IR code library in the business and are one of the biggest manufacturers of universal remotes in the world" Excerpt from "My Life at X10" by Dave Rye, Vice President and Technical Manager

Is this sufficient, or do you require the URL for "proff"?  :-*

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 03:04:29 PM »

Sufficient.   

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.