Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with flood lamps using remotes  (Read 2667 times)

rlhooverjr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem with flood lamps using remotes
« on: September 02, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »

I have the motion flood lamps set up to use the same code. They turn on and off just fine using the mini controller. When I try to use a palm pad or mini remote the lamps do not turn on. I have check the codes by setting an appliance module to the code and it turns on and off just fine. I have tried putting the transciever (tm75) on different circuits in case there was a problem but I still can not get the flood lamps to turn on and off. One time almost by accident, one light turned on, but not the others and the one would not turn off. Any ideas.

Thanks

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: Problem with flood lamps using remotes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 03:07:57 PM »

It sounds like a single strength issue at the floodlamps.  Do you have a phase coupler?  Since your mini-controller works reliably, your floodlamps may be on the same phase.  It is possible that your TM751 was on the other phase even though you tried different circuits.  A simple test would be to plug the TM751 into the same receptacle that your min-controller uses.  If it works there, then you have a signal strength issue to deal with.  The first step would be to add a good passive coupler if you don't already have one.  If that doesn't solve the problem by itself, you may have a problem with "signal suckers" or noise sources.  There is much more info available here:

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Jeff

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:10:25 PM by JeffVolp »
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.