Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does Anyone have this System & How does it Perform?  (Read 12570 times)

zach1234

Re: Does Anyone have this System & How does it Perform?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 10:40:44 PM »

GO to gate.x10.com click on connect use a made up user name your system Id found in the remote user part of the software and your password also found there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:47:23 PM by Zach1234 »

Saber Dog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 10:05:48 PM »

I'm having two problems.

1) My camera moves when I use the hand held Ninja remote, but it doesn't respond to the computer screen buttons. I get the vid, so my computer is receiving. Is it possible that the mamera isn't getting the signal from the Video Receiver even though it gets the signal from the rmote from the same place? Does the Ninja base know which camera is being viewed (I'm experimenting with just one)? Do I need to send a command to the Ninja from ActiveHome or some other remote?

2) I'm not getting a picture via the internet, I just get a test pattern. The history says I have connected. Am I missing something? I see a different camera listed when I'm online, but I can't change it. It says it is a Pro and it should be a Ninja.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 10:52:09 PM by Saber Dog »

zach1234

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »

You need the computer transcever interface. The video interface dose not send out rf commands.

Saber Dog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 08:57:38 PM »

I've got a VR36A 2.4 gigahertz video receiver. Which I guess accounts for why it doesn't transmit. [Saber slaps his head.]

What do I need to transmit movement commands?

Any ideas on what I need to do to get the video on line? I seem to be logged in okay. The camera listed is the wrong one and I can't change it. A, I missing something basic again?

Is there a way to turn light & appliance modules on over the net?

I'm a civil engineer, electronics is like magic to me.

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 03:41:56 PM »

What do I need to transmit movement commands?
I believe the vangaurd software works with the CM19A
Any ideas on what I need to do to get the video on line? I seem to be logged in okay.
if you are behind a router you may have to play with some settings like port forwarding or filtering!
The camera listed is the wrong one and I can't change it. A, I missing something basic again?
you need the CM19A
Is there a way to turn light & appliance modules on over the net?
Yes, but I'm unfamilure with the Vangard Software I think it is cam only! Active Home Pro will do it but you have to purchase the  plug-ins as well! It comes with a PC interface (CM15A)
X10dispatcher should do it with the CM19A  and it is free! you will also need the SDK Redistributable components and NET Framework 2.0 both of which are free and linked from X10dispatchers site! X10dispatcher will also handle your cam pics although I'm not sure if it will control your Pan & Tilt ninjas!  ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.