Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000 remote Panic button  (Read 4715 times)

fnkoss

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS7000 remote Panic button
« on: September 02, 2007, 07:55:27 PM »

Is it possible to use a single button key fob remote to send a panic signal and activate the system to flash the lights, make the call, and sound the alarm. The current way of hitting BOTH "Arm & Disarm is clumsey. In an emergency it is not easy to do this.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: DS7000 remote Panic button
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 07:05:33 PM »

I do believe that is the main purpose of the Big Red Button KR15A.

On the DS7000, at least the version I have, when PANIC is activated it does not make the phone call. I guess it assumes you are home when PANIC is activated, so why bother calling. IMHO it's should still call out... it would make a good system for an elderly relative to contact you in an emergency.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:05:51 PM »

I do believe that is the main purpose of the Big Red Button KR15A.

On the DS7000, at least the version I have, when PANIC is activated it does not make the phone call. I guess it assumes you are home when PANIC is activated, so why bother calling. IMHO it's should still call out... it would make a good system for an elderly relative to contact you in an emergency.

If it did do this only problem is that it would probably call your cell phone first, that's assuming you programed it to first notify yourself.

Tom j

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »

Is it possible to use a single button key fob remote to send a panic signal and activate the system to flash the lights, make the call, and sound the alarm. The current way of hitting BOTH "Arm & Disarm is clumsey. In an emergency it is not easy to do this.

The SlimFire (KR19A) remote fits your "key fob" requirements and gives you an extra button for a inside/outside light setup.

Then wire one of your door/window sensors through a Universal Module (UM506). Turning OFF the module will OPEN the curcit and appear to your DS7000 as if a door/window has been opened.

But personally..... I like Puck's idea of the Big Red Button KR15A.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.