📝Reviews > Protector Plus Reviews

Why I Sometimes Find It Hard To Recommend The Protector Plus

<< < (3/3)

tom j:
UPDATE 2

Well concerning my original review x10 appears to have corrected the problems with the MS10a's! I've been testing a mega system for a friend and have not had any false alarms in the 1 movement mode and these sensors have been pointed toward a north facing sunny window for almost 2 months!! Pointing a motion detector at a window is usually the worst thing you can do, so I'm actually quite impressed with the improvement. x10 has also apparently addressed the zone sticking problem I mentioned so if you do purchase one of these systems and you happen to get a good one with any luck you should have a pretty good and reliable system.

Now I say this with a caveat, I just did a post under troubleshooting  "2 Consoles Fail" I just had 2 five year old consoles fail like I said they were five years old but for something as important as a security system I feel this represents a serious reliability problem. But now that my major complaints have been addressed I actually would suggest purchasing this system but because of the limited life span of the console only as a backup to your main system or something that you might want to use until you can get something better.

My next door neighbor has a DSC system and was trying to fix his doorbell when he crossed some wires and fried the system board well he kept putting off getting it repaired and sure enough he had a break in they got this new notebook his wife's jewelry and quite a bit of money if he had a backup like the Protector Plus he would had known as soon as they placed a foot in the door, so for 50 bucks or the complete system for $99 it's a great deal. Now if you really want a really good wireless system get a Honeywell Lynx form the Home Security Store, this is a fantastic system but after looking at the Protector Plus you might think a little pricey it runs 200 bucks not that bad but the components get kind of pricey like a motion detector runs around 80 dollars and the smoke detector 93.00, but you get what you pay for and this system supports x10 so if a break in occurs it will flash your lights and you can call in and turn your lights on and off turn, and if you forget even turn the system on remotely and check the status. In addition you can even have it professionally monitored for 8.99 a month! or have it call you and several other numbers just like the Protector Plus. But even if you do buy this one or any other system for that matter I would still recommend everyone with a alarm system now buy the Protector Plus if for noting else insurance against what happen to my neighbor. Setup is a breeze and you can have it up and running in a mater of minutes. One other thing when ever you set it up generate new security codes for everything to avoid the possibility of false alarms. I actually just ordered a backup system myself, to replace one of the consoles that failed. I don't know if you've ever experienced a break in but it can be devastating and this is cheap insurance. And be sure not to forget the large Powerhorns!

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=388

Tom j.

#:) x10!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version