Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X-10 PTZ Camera & Geovision GV-250 Card - No Video on Computer  (Read 6043 times)

torakuma

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X-10 PTZ Camera & Geovision GV-250 Card - No Video on Computer
« on: September 21, 2007, 03:23:50 AM »

Hi everyone,
Just purchased my first X-10 Ninja PTZ security camera and trying to get it to work on Windows XP system with no luck. Installed a GV-250 Card and although software seems to work fine I can not get any video from camera to show on the monitor. Camera works fine when hooked up to TV or VHS recorder but nothing except "Lost Picture" on Computer. I am using a BNC connection and only one camera. Apparently I am doing something wrong in the configuration process and would appreciate any help or tips from anyone that has been down this road.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: X-10 PTZ Camera & Geovision GV-250 Card - No Video on Computer
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 02:43:06 PM »

Which software are you using? If it's X10 software it won't work with any video device except X10's VA11A.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »

You have the cameras Composite Video connected to one of the GV-250s Inputs and are using their software or X10s? If Geovision's software you may wnt to see what version it is. They list a version 8.1.2.0 on their web site.
If you have another composite video signal like from a TV or video player. You could as a test see if that source can be seen and recorded. That would narrow the source of the problem.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:31:15 PM by Brian H »

torakuma

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

Thanks for your replies.
I am using Geovision software Version 8.12 with my Computer hook up. Camera & PZT work fine on TV & VHS with RCA Cables. ( Yellow & White ) PC Monitor just says " Lost Video "

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 01:20:21 PM »

You may want to check the adapter or cable used to go from the RCA type connection to the BNC on the board. Off chance it maybe bad.

torakuma

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 07:40:30 AM »

Brian,
Thanks for your assistance. I thought of that also, so I added another adapter to make both ends F-Connectors and hooked up to a TV, No problem, worked fine. I also tried all four connectors on the Card, although it is only a two camera Card and still nothing. I'm waiting on a reply to e-mail from Geovision Tech. but they don't work on week-ends. I thought I could save about $400.00 by going this route instead of buying a DVR but maybe not. Ouch!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:57:58 AM »

Hope they have the answer for you. Let us know the what happens.

torakuma

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 05:20:04 AM »

Brian,
Apparently my VR31A receiver has a defect. The "F" type connection on the back is not transmitting. I converted the yellow RCA connection to accept a male "F" connector and now have video through my Geovision Card ond on the Computer Monitor, although I have to say very poor quality. I have to do a search for a better camera, this XX20A just won't cut it. I hooked up a portable DVD just to check out the Card and the video was perfect. Any suggestions on a X10 Camera which will produce better results will be appreciated and thank you.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 06:34:41 AM »

Glad you found the problem.
No I don't have any reccommendations for cameras. many here use an assortment of them and hopfully they will have answers for you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.