Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unable to register newly purchased modules  (Read 2503 times)

bolco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unable to register newly purchased modules
« on: September 28, 2007, 02:30:21 AM »

I've been using my purchased and registered copy of AHP for many years and have been very satisfied.  My current version is 3.204 which seems to be the latest available.

Last week I purchased both the MyHouse Online Module (SW34A) AND the SmartMacros Module (SW32A) from a retailer and they shipped me my download links and provided registration codes.

I downloaded the software but I'm having extreme difficulty with the activation.  I can't get a viewable registration box to show on my screen.  There are extra AHP taskbar buttons showing on my taskbar and there is a VERY THIN line in the middle of my screen about 2 pixels wide and about as tall as the registration window may be (about 2" high) but I'm unable to see any words or enter my registration codes.  When I start AHP it shows that my AHP is registered but my plug-ins are not.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?  Do you know what I need to do to make the registration boxes viewable?

I have an HP media Center PC running XP Media Center edition and McAfee Virus Scan (if that helps and/or even matters)

Thanks everyone in advance for all of your assistance.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Unable to register newly purchased modules
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »

When the "thin line" registration window pops up, does it create a new task on the windows task bar? If it does then you should be able to maximize it by right clicking that task.

I see this happen now and then with the Activity Monitor. Sometimes just clicking on the edge of the line, as if to re-size it, causes it to open wider.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:20:42 AM by Puck »

bolco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Unable to register newly purchased modules
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:07:36 AM »

SUPER.  I can't believe that I never thought of that.  Worked perfectly.  Thanks Puck!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.