🔌General Home Automation > User Modified Devices

DS7000 (PS561) & DS10A Used As A Fire Detector Alarm System !

<< < (5/6) > >>

James S.:
JMac: I haven't tried to modify a CO detector. If you are successful at the CO mod,  I would be interested in the results you have. Thanks for all the suggestions, they are all good points to consider for what each individual wants from their alarm system.  As far as grabbing a hose or a gun, I have each DS7000 turn on different lights so as to know if its a fire alarm or a break in alarm. When away from home, each DS7000 has its own separate message recorded, one has message fire alarm activated, the other message is break in alarm activated. When at home I'm also able to tell the difference between the two DS7000 systems as they are located in difference locations and there is a slight difference in how each DS7000 sounds. In addition, I have a X10 siren (often referred to as the noisy cricket) activated by the break in DS7000, but not on the fire alarm DS7000.
I prefer to use two DS7000, one for security/break in and a separate one for fire/smoke alarm. I had previously mention that I also have a fire/smoke detector in the garage that could not be heard from inside the house.  While at home this DS7000 fire/smoke mod now allows me to know if that detector is activated. If DS7000 is not armed, it will chime. If DS7000 is armed, if will alarm and turn on light for that detector on the DS7000 console. When I'm away from home and should this DS7000 fire/smoke alarm be activated, it will call the pre-programed phone numbers. If I select to listen in on noise inside home, I can not hear if the garage fire/smoke detector has activated. So far this has not happen. If I ever do get a fire alarm when I'm away from home and I can't hear any noise while listening in on the DS7000, then I will call my neighbors until I reach one that can do a visual check on my home. In the unlikely event I could nor reach a neighbor , then I would request the local police to check on it. They (police) are really good on doing things like that here in north Florida.

* Cor *:
James S Thanks for the Idea been thinking of how to interface the smokes in the house. Being a newbie I will print it and use it in the future. Still thinking of  putting it into AH-Pro with the phone alert and BVC program.
Just got to go a little at a time due to money and time limitations. I think most have the same problem. Thanks again for the Idea you get a helpful. :)
Cory

misterbeefy:
Great post! Indeed worthy of a helpful :)
I couldn't help but think while reading the responses, particularly about how to tell the difference between smoke and a burglary, that this would be a perfect candidate for PCCompanion or BVC! You could create a batch file to play a certain sound clip for each type of event, or have a macro fire that would have BVC TELL you what's going on.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the post! #:)

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: misterbeefy on August 10, 2009, 05:56:49 AM ---I couldn't help but think while reading the responses, particularly about how to tell the difference between smoke and a burglary, that this would be a perfect candidate for PCCompanion or BVC!

--- End quote ---

I used a DS10A with OnAlert and BVC when I created my Automated Chair. Those DS10A sensors mixed with OnAlert can detect almost anything: smoke alarm, water sensor, sump pump, mailbox, recliner, maybe even "locked drawer opening (?)".

Bill added a feature in the latest version of BVC that detects the "all lights on all units off" of the DS7000. I use that to make my Kate (the kate 16 bit voice) holler when the alarm is sounded.

You (at least theoretically) can use OnAlert [and AHP] to send your cell phone a different "specialized" email message for each DS10A in use. As well as have BVC announce a specific message for each sensor.

misterbeefy:

--- Quote from: Dave_x10_L on August 10, 2009, 10:40:48 AM ---
I used a DS10A with OnAlert and BVC when I created my Automated Chair.

--- End quote ---

Leave it to you Dave, to have an automated chair!!!! LOL! I LOVE IT MAN! I had a similar idea for BVC with the timers, but man, I LOVE the way you incorporated the recliner being open! I hadn't thought of that and it's AWESOME!  >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version