Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343784 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 06:51:27 PM »

As we approach the New Year, when can we expect that long promised upgrade to AHP?   3.204 will be 2 years old in July, 2008.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

RedIron

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2007, 07:48:02 PM »

Iy would be very nice if AHP could show which flags are being used. It could do this with a simple pop up showing which flags are being used in what macros..

That would be nice...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2007, 08:28:27 PM »

Iy would be very nice if AHP could show which flags are being used. It could do this with a simple pop up showing which flags are being used in what macros..

That would be nice...
You can see this info via the reports
File
reports
status
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2007, 09:05:56 PM »

That would be nice...
You can see this info via the reports
File
reports
status

That just shows the current state of each flag.  ;)

What RedIron would like to see is some intelligent link to where a status flag is used (what macros). Would be handy when troubleshooting.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2007, 09:11:50 PM »

Yes I realize that! I keep forgetting many users have larger setups then me! :-[ ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zach1234

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2007, 08:10:34 PM »

Better antenna, and improve (make work) the witness And remote connect.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2007, 01:24:15 PM »

One more thing to add to AHP: Adding the 120V Mini Controller labels.

BSRMAN

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »

Well,
I'll give it a try. Documentation on the cm15A as promised for the LInux folks. And how about an expiration date selector for captured videos like older that 7 days auto delete. Make the number of days selectable and make the option optional. I get so tire of deleting videos. Oh yes please do this for snapshots and well you should know what I'm talking about and if not not harm as most of the request don't make it anyway.

zach1234

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2007, 06:13:05 PM »

I like to auto delete. Make it for VANGUARD Too.

Bruno B

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »

There are a few things that come to mind, but the top three for me right now are:

1. Allowing Disarming via macro, timer, myhouse, etc... This has been written about extensively so I won't go into it.

2. Releasing a client/server package for myhouse. Permitting users with the myhouse plugin to access their own systems from a client package (preferably a 1 file executable not requiring installation, or completely web based interface offered from the server), to their own server package (bypassing the AHP/X10 servers) which could either be intergrated with AHP / MyHouse, or a more secure alternative would be a separate "in-between" gateway software package offering more security (users, passwords, Access Denial, Black List IPs, etc). It would be beneficial to only have to open one port in a router. A web interface might solve this issue entirely. You could even offer secure encrypted https service for clients from countries which qualify. Rather than eliminate the AHP/X10 servers, which many people might like since it offers at least the notion of additional security, I'm sure some individuals would rather access their own systems directly. This could easily be an either or solution. Both part of the standard package. The user simply would implement the connection method they desire.

3. Creating a more complex and user definable set of variables for the lifestyle mode.

A. Allow the user to pick which appliances/modules will be monitored and used in lifestyle mode.

B. Let the user pick if lifestyle mode will be based on yesterday's activity (like it is now), or either seasonal, weekly or daily averages with min/max variations. Let me explain each:

Seasonal: IF the user selected seasonal, AHP would collect statistics on the time of use and duration of every selected module. Able to generate a "bell curve" for each time of activation and duration by season, AHP could simulate activity with daily and seasonal variances.

Weekly: This is the same as above, except that AHP would gather stats on each occurrence of each selected module on a weekly basis. So week 1 of year 1 would be combined with week 1 of year 2, etc.

Daily: This is the same as the previous two except that the stats would be gathered and compared on a day of the week basis. All the Mondays would be clumped together to simulate a typical Monday and so on.

If AHP wants to get real fancy with this, they could offer combinations of Daily and Seasonal (Providing day of the week variations by season...) or Daily and Weekly (producing 365 different sets of stats for each occurrence and duration of every module - obviously this would get big...).

In theory, this isn't really a complicated project, high school statistics really...But it is a significant improvement on the current lifestyle mode which is basically lip service.. just enough to say AHP can do it, but not enough to be effective as a security option.

I have a few more ideas, I'll type them up when I have time. These are the three biggest ones that irk me the most right now.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

Well, how is the update progressing ?   (to be continued...........)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »

Apparently, it's still a "Work in Process". I suspect we will hear eventually, but when  eventually will be is unknown.

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2008, 10:27:56 PM »

Increasing the range of the antenna would be great, but remember they are talking about doing a software upgrade.  I would like to see the battery status located on the main page.  This weekend I had a problem with my timers firing at odd times, I re-downloaded the timers and macros, and they still mis-fired, so I checked my hardware configuration and realized my back-up batteries had no juice left in them.

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2008, 10:42:29 PM »

One item that would be nice to see is a built in option to program socket rocket's.  I have tried several times to use different macros to program the socket rocket, with no results.  I have to still manually screw the socket rocket into a lamp and manually program it before I place it into it's final destination.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »

I would like the timer function to support dim/brighten commands (without the off/on part)
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.