Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Projector hook-up very good results, except with the VCR signal  (Read 11500 times)

trail_guy2001

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have the following set-up. I'm using the 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio/Video Sender and Receiver (VK82A) system by having the following hook-up: A home theater sound system w/dvd connects my cable tv (comcast), a combo DVD/VCR (Philips), into a 3-into-1 composite automatic switch. This way, I get excellent sound for all of my video/cable devices. The output of the 3-into-1 composite switch is the VK82A transmitter. It sends the signal to my dlp projector. I'm using a shielded composite cable. The projector gets a good composite signal from the cable, the home theater DVD, and the combo VCR/DVD dvd. However, the combo's VCR/DVD vcr signal constantly goes in and out. I can't figure this out, other then the vcr signal must be extremely weak. What is your opinion? I believe that since all of the other signals get transmitted successfully, it must be the output from the vcr. Is there a means to boost the signal strength. The distance from the transmitter to the receiver is around 15 ft. Any suggestions. I'v tried varying all 4 frequencies, and the results are the same.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Projector hook-up very good results, except with the VCR signal
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:12:06 PM »

Try swapping out the leads from the VCR with a device that is working to your satisfaction.
If it improves than you have bad cables or ends on your VCR leads :(!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.