Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Length of macro delay  (Read 2033 times)

New User

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Length of macro delay
« on: October 06, 2007, 06:13:03 PM »

Good afternoon,

Since the lamp modules will not allow you to start them in a dimmed state, I figured I'd have the light turn on to 100%, dim down to 1%, then delay for 8 hours (during the night) and begin it's slow cycle up to full brightness...simulating sunrise.

Anyone have any ideas why there is a 4 1/2 hour limit to the macro delay?  or if there is any way around it.

Thank you for your time.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Length of macro delay
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »

New User welcome to the forum. The time delay limit at the moment is infact 4-1/2 hours. It looks like X10 programmers maybe making some changes to the software in the hopefully near future and maybe the time limit will be extended.

Until then you might try this...

Note I have not tested this but it should work. Create 1 macro to turn on your light and dim it to 1%. Set a time delay to 4 hours and then have the macro turn on a dummy module after the 4 hours. Create a second macro that has the same House/Unit code as the dummy module in the first macro. This second macro will be triggered when the first macro finishes. Set a time delay in the second macro for 4 hours then finish it with the commands to brighten your light.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Length of macro delay
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 08:45:08 AM »

Do you want the lamp to turn off and on at the same time each day?
Why not use timers to trigger it, instead of macros?
Set one timer to bring the lamp on at night at an absolute level of 1% (it will come on at 100%, then dim down to 1%).
Then, set a timer in the morning, to brighten it by whatever step (not absolute), at the required intervals in the morning. If you use the same increments each time, (%5, for example), you could just schedule the same timer to run at whatever times (8:00, 8:05, 8:10, etc), until you get to 100%.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.