Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X10 as advertised...  (Read 7546 times)

reallymad

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
X10 as advertised...
« on: October 09, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »

With everything you need to watch over your entire home, indoors and out, 24 hours a day on your TV, PC or even LIVE over the Internet, this one is a no-brainer!

I HAVE MADE 10 CALLS TO SUPPORT WITH NOT AVAIL

For starters, you get four tiny, wireless cameras! Two of them are vivid, full-color cameras and two of them are Low-Light cameras, which function perfectly in nearly any lighting situation. That means you get 'round-the-clock surveillance!...

I HAVE INSTALLED 600 WATTS HALOGEN LIGHT IN EACH CAMERA AND STILL CAN'T SEE WELL IN THE DARK.

With the included Vanguard Software, if you're away, you can get online from any computer in the world, and view all four of your cameras LIVE! It's perfect for when you're at the office or out of town! Plus, you can even set it up to email you snapshots any time motion is detected around your home!

I HAVE TRYED EVERYTHING AND STILL CAN'T BE ABLE TO GET IT TO WORK ON A REMOTE PC..

And that's just the beginning! Even if you're nowhere near a computer, you can rest easy knowing your surveillance system is doing it's job. With motion-activated PC and VCR recording, any time someone sets foot on your property, their every action will be captured on your PC or VCR! How's that for security?

THAT IS IF YOU CAN MAKE IT TO WORK..

It even comes with a Pan & Tilt Base, which allows you to remotely maneuver one of the cameras left, right, up and down to see everything you want. You can even control it online using the amazing software! .

I STILL SEARCHING FOR THAT AMAZING SOFTWARE...X10 DON'T HAVE IT...

This system does it all! For a limited time, you can grab this amazing system for only $269.99! Grab it today, because it could be gone tomorrow!

I DID GRAB IT...!YOU RIGHT I'M PACKING IT TO SEND IT BACK, IT WILL BE GONE TOMORROW..

NOTE:
The tech-support offer little to no help at all...so when I ask what I do with the problem, I got elevated to level 2. I got an e-mal from a morron in level 2 asking for technical stuff from my PC.."you got to update you PC in order for the system to Run"...My PC is brand new...thanks level 2.."

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: X10 as advertised...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »

reallymad
I know have posted about your problems but we might be able to help with more details.

FWIW lots of users have the same system you have and it works. Sorry about X10 technical support, but if the problems stem from conflicts in your machine it can be very difficult to troubleshoot.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 08:58:24 PM »

FWIW lots of users have the same system you have and it works.

Yep, user error. ;)
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

reallymad

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »

FWIW lots of users have the same system you have and it works.

Yep, user error. ;)

Yeb..!! you right...when I have my degree in computer I learn a good TERM..."Garbage In (x10)...Garbage out (x10)". ::)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »

They're right reallymad! This forum has helped many... MANY people. Not only. to get their system up and running, but to learn more about the technology and really enjoy it.

Tell us your problem.... and start having fun.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Thrillkiller

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »

Sorry bout your luck really mad .. But I got to tell ya you sound like you may be the problem ...No patience and maybe not enough computer skill.
Smple things would solve your problems with a little patience and an open mind and maybe asking for help the proper way..

Simple things like making sure your computer settings are correct to run the system. I can guarantee your problems are user fault not software fault.

ANyways ..

The system is awesome and has been a god send to us. My wife has piece of mind and I can use my linux based cellphone to check my house and recieve email alerts of intruders I am in heaven

my insurance agent has told me I may get a break in my coverage prices due to the security set up..

That would be a nice break too..

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »

reallymad :
Your problems are fixable!
If you have the time to do some reading and problem solving all the issues you have can be remedied!
Problem is you have more then one problem!  :(
Quote from: Thrillkiller
Simple things would solve your problems with a little patience and an open mind and maybe asking for help the proper way..
If you don't have the time to do this send the stuff back!
X10 for some is Plug & Play (as advertized) the sad reality is for most it isn't!
There are some excellent posts  here for newbie help!
Start with TTA's X10 Troubleshooting Tips Thread  
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

reallymad

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »

to you all x10 L I C K E R S..."no brainer"....I have said many time that this product is not work as advertised..is not a plug and play..this garbage have no step by step setup and installation...and you have to search for hrs and hrs the forum to have a some poor fix...I Did not buyed this stuff to get stuck with some moron tech-support or to spent my time in some forum..yea maybe you..Iam not and computer idiot ..it happend that Iam not in the computer business and just for you guy to know the tech-support at x10 know little to none about computers and the equipment the sell...and you are the puppet they use to fix things...that one of many reason I return it....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:40 PM »

X10 has better installation sheet in their Support Area and we would have given you all the assistance you needed. Since you are sending it back; that sounds like the best for all both; you and us.

reallymad

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 07:27:37 PM »

Thanks god..this garbage was driving me crazy... ;)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »

to you all x10 L I C K E R S..."no brainer"....

WOW... what a way to reply to people who are willing to help you.  ???

I can understand someone being upset when something they purchased is not as they envisioned, but I can't for the life of me comprehend why you feel ignorance towards people trying to help you is justified. A simple No Thanks to their offers would have worked. I think you have bigger issues than that which you are displaying towards X10.

Cheers

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 11:21:04 AM »

"I Did not buyed this stuff to get stuck with some moron tech-support or to spent my time in some forum..yea maybe you..Iam not and computer idiot."

While I am often guilty of a typo, after reading this I am not sure that step-by-step instructions would have helped...

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 12:26:08 PM »

BRAVO Jeff!!!  My words exactly.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 02:18:33 PM »

While I am often guilty of a typo, after reading this I am not sure that step-by-step instructions would have helped...

You know... that makes me wonder.....

MANY of our most prominent forum members are Canadian (they can't help that... they were just born that way). I would image that "French-Canadians" and others, would have EXTRA problems with directions printed in a 2nd language. I hope they understand that WE UNDERSTAND.... and will gladly work through and around type-O's, spelling errors, and grammar problems (Thank-GOD).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:51:52 PM »

You know... that makes me wonder.....

MANY of our most prominent forum members are Canadian (they can't help that... they were just born that way). I would image that "French-Canadians" and others, would have EXTRA problems with directions printed in a 2nd language. I hope they understand that WE UNDERSTAND.... and will gladly work through and around type-O's, spelling errors, and grammar problems (Thank-GOD).

Of course we would!

We do for you after all Dave_x10_L!   ;)   :D
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.