Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 software problem  (Read 5682 times)

dchicken

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 software problem
« on: October 10, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »

:'(  Has anyone had this or a similair problem and found a cure?  If so please help!  I have a winxp, sp2, and the X10 3 cam pkg'
   After installing the software and hardware and countless days & nights setting it up, sending parts back and going thru 1. Multiview 2. Webview, 3.  Pan/Tilt Pro 4. Vanguard and now Sentinel and doing all x10 curealls i'm still fighting this ----ed "Run DLL as an app has a problem and needs to close" bug that shuts down the X10 crapp and prevents any of the programs from completing  their functions.

Before I installed Sentienel I had Vanguard down to where it would work as follows- Motion detected=VCR & Vanguard recording, Email received[motion det] cam A-2 off and A-1 on, 5 min. later VCR off, 7 min later Vanguard stopped recording & Email received {motion not det} and as soon as TM751 clicked "RunDll as app " came in and shuts VG down.

Can anyone explain how to get rid of this DLL error msg?

Many Thanks in advance
                                                                                            DCHICKENLITTLE@aol.com

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: X10 software problem
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:48:57 PM »

What motion sensor are you using and what House/Unit code is it set at? Motion sensors have a House/Unit code + 1 and that might be effecting your setup.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

dchicken

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »

KDR'
    I'm useing the MS14A EagleEye, and it is set on A-1 {default}, controlling cam A-1

x10junkie

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 10:56:24 PM »

Dchicken, I have the same problem when I click to save a snapshot. It's the same Dll pop up that shuts everything down.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.