Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Having ActiveHome Pro Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 13964 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Having ActiveHome Pro Problems? Please Read This First!
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »

Yes now that we have a search function it should help.  :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 10:16:04 AM »

I've started to add some links to the popular searches so we can now just point someone to X10 Issues? Please Read This First! if they don't want to search hopefully the links I attached answers alot of questions if you feel there is a better link let me Know! ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 08:47:14 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ty

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:28:38 AM »

i have posted this a month ago:
"I would like to know if I can use AHP to monitor and fegister activity on x10 security system on my computer, and also on a remote computer from the Web?Could anyone point me to info on AHP compatibility and controlable, monitorable features on x10 wireless home security system. tnx ty"
no reply from anyone!!! obviously no moderator watches it, or if they do , do not care for customer questions, only to sell, sell, sell!!!
This is a great forum for people who like to listen to their own voice, but do not care about helping otheres. could anyone point me to the right direction
Thank you
Ty

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:16 AM »

The security system question has been answered several times. The answer is no, AHP cannot interface with the X10 security devices. Posting the same message on several threads will not change that answer.

Tuicemen  -  can you add this to the list of frequently asked (and answered) questions?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 09:28:08 AM »

Noam: Done! ;)
 ty : I've remove your mutiple posts as this is considered Spaming and is frowned on by many! I linked to your original post with an answer to your Question!
This is a busy board and moderators don't sell they're only users, it may take a while for your post to get an answer you can see how many time it is viewed! why would someone comment if they don't know the answer? ???
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 09:50:29 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:41:15 AM »

Tuicemen:  Could we mirror this in the ActiveHome Pro -> Help & Troubleshooting forum?  It seems as though some people go directly to that forum when they are having problems and are skipping this one.

Also, I put a "Having problems" sticky post in the SDK forum with a few common questions.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 01:51:40 PM »

Good idea as the site has changed with more specific forums. I'll see what I can do! ;)
I added a link to your post as well!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:06:01 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

nitespirit

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 10:28:33 PM »

is there a general step by step on how to set up ahp so my cameras can be viewed on the computer??  The manual only talks about macros (I did not understand macros when dealing with DOS and wysiwyg, and I thought Macros died 10 years ago), and turning lights on and off.  All I want to do is first, view my cameras on my home computer and after I learn that I ten want to be able to view remotely.  That all. I bought the system to view the security cameras and not learn macros or turn lights on and off

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 08:48:40 PM »

is there a general step by step on how to set up ahp so my cameras can be viewed on the computer??  The manual only talks about macros (I did not understand macros when dealing with DOS and wysiwyg, and I thought Macros died 10 years ago), and turning lights on and off.  All I want to do is first, view my cameras on my home computer and after I learn that I ten want to be able to view remotely.  That all. I bought the system to view the security cameras and not learn macros or turn lights on and off
Have you checked the x10 knowledge base? you'll find a Iwitness manual it explains how to set up several different cams using AHP And Iwitness
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 10:08:21 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

yca

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:21:10 AM »

I had problems with standards macros (the ones you dont have to buy) that used to work on a regular Active Home unit, but did not worked on the new AHP (Active Home Pro). I have resolved my problems with the help of Mr Boyd from X-10. But nowhere in your "Read This First!" there is a mention of the problem I had, your "Read This First!" might be a good start but it does not cover every aspect of all problems
YC

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 09:35:32 AM »

I had problems with standards macros (the ones you dont have to buy) that used to work on a regular Active Home unit, but did not worked on the new AHP (Active Home Pro). I have resolved my problems with the help of Mr Boyd from X-10. But nowhere in your "Read This First!" there is a mention of the problem I had, your "Read This First!" might be a good start but it does not cover every aspect of all problems
YC

yca: The problem you had is a specific problem with converting an ActiveHome macro to an ActiveHomePro macro. Tuicemen has provided us all with a very good list of links for issues related to ActiveHomePro. There are a few threads on the forum relating to problems converting ActiveHome to ActiveHomePro that an advanced search could have found.

A new post asking for about the problem you had would have received some responses with help.  ;)

P.S. It is nice to see someone did read through the "Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!" as a start.  :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 05:48:39 PM »

, I'll attempt to list some helpful LINKs. Chances are YOUR answer is in one of them! There are a lot of very informative posts from older Users buried deep in this board! "Seek and ye shall find..."

THIS LIST IS AN ON GOING PROJECT SO HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP US ALL!
But nowhere in your "Read This First!" there is a mention of the problem I had, your "Read This First!" might be a good start but it does not cover every aspect of all problems
YC
YCA
I'm glad you read the read me first! If you found a post that helped you specifically I'll link to it! If not create one state the problem you had and the meassures you took to fix the situation I'll be happy to link to it!
As stated the list is "on going" and since I never had a CM11A I don't know all the issues! :( ::) ;) Many users never return to state "Hey guys thanks that worked!" So I won't link to a post that gives  advice unless there is confirmation that it worked for at least one user or I can confirm it myself!  ;)
As you stated
"it does not cover every aspect of all problems"
It may never cover all aspects without some feed back, thats one reason for suggesting searching as Puck also  pointed out!
TakeTheActive has tried to encourage new useres to introduce them self's! Topic: GUESTS/LURKERS: Why Don't You Register (and Become NEWBIEs)?  (Read 10899 times)
 Users such as myself And a few others have asked for feed back and get verry little! :( :o ::)
Spend some time and get to know the frequent posters here follow their suggestions and you'll be a happy X10er! ;) :D ;D
Welcome Aboard!
Cheers![/color][/b]
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

RTimothy

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »

Hi,
    I've just signed on to the group. It was recommended by the newsgroup home automation. I've read the read first topics, but I'm still not sure where to go from here.
I've been using AHP for a little while and it seemed to just stopped working.
When to try to open it, it shows that I'm registered but then I get a screen saying that the USB interface is not connected and there is a tiny icon on the bottom task bar with a red slash through it. When I click on it it says hardware not connected.
It is connected, I've e check the connection on the back of the computer, the outlet is working, I've unplugged it removed the batteries and put everything back and it still indicates that the usb interface is not connected.
I can see ally my devices on the screen and I can hear the clicking sound when I turn them on from the screen and the switch moves, but lights do not respond.
My units work from the controllers throughout the house and the hand held controllers work too.
Please advise,
                      Tim fm CT

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »

RTimothy
Try this Tip posted by Michael C
I have had problems with the Interface not responding, clearing the interface then purging delayed macro events then doing the battery ritual fixed it But you need to be able to communicate with the CM15A first! I think the problem is the X10nets files which following Michael C's post should solve! ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 02:57:22 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.