Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need Vanguard's 44X Ultimate Zoom  (Read 6772 times)

Fraz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need Vanguard's 44X Ultimate Zoom
« on: September 26, 2007, 08:25:22 AM »

Hi guys,  yes the message icon  :( is sad & this is because for months I have tried to find a retailer who would sell me the Vanguard 44X Ultimate Zoom camera. US retailers don't sell direct to Australia & retailers outside of the US that are available to me don't stock this particular item, see my problem. Is there anybody in the community that would be willing to help me?
cheers, Fraz

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Need Vanguard's 44X Ultimate Zoom
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 11:49:47 AM »

Maybe it is not available in video formats other than NSTC(?)
What is Australia's television standard,  PAL?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Fraz

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »

Hi Dave W,
 I think its just one of those items that our supplier has chosen not to stock or offer to the Australian market, we have several X10 cameras available to us plus we can choose to view PAL or NSTC on our TV's & computer systems. The only issues I have when buying overseas is the 110 volt power suplies that come with the items which is easily rectified as there are many variations of ampage & voltage power suplies available to us for our 240 volt AC system

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 07:19:39 PM »

What the hxxx is a scammer anyway?

A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.
TRANSITIVE VERB:
scammed , scam·ming , scams

Here (in USA) there are a run of scams involving checks (often bank checks) from out of the US. Because our banking system is slow.... it can take weeks for the bad checks to be returned. The seller then has to replenish the funds to the bank.

You may want to check Ebay (ebay.com).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:21:14 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Fraz

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »

Thank you for the explanation Dave x10 L,  I must admit, understanding the meaning of what I have been labeled is some what insulting as I have been a member of ebay.com.au (frazel55) since April 2000. From 456 transactions I have a feedback score of 301 & feedback rating of 100% and I invite anyone to check my stats. So I'm very sorry Zach if I come over a little p#$t-off because I certainly don't deserve to be labeled A Scammer, thank you very much!

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »

...................... I have been a member of ebay.com.au (frazel55) since April 2000. From 456 transactions I have a feedback score of 301 & feedback rating of 100% ..........

Everything considered there ought to be some way you can buy a Vanguard (I own a Sentinel and the ZOOM is awesome). I have never been in the import/export business myself... but have known a couple people that have been. They were transplants to this country who used their contacts, in their country of origin to help in shipping and receiving. How would someone find an American living down-under..... we know they are there.

Sorry for any insult... you shouldn't take it personally... the American version of the Internet isn't safe to walk alone in at night anymore.

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 07:34:09 PM »

Hey dave do you have the Myhouse and iwitnes working.

No. And I hate to admit this, but I haven't put my Sentinel into service yet. I won the sentinel in last months "ideas" contest, they're running one this month too.

I set the camera up (both in and outside) and did some testing. And I think I've decided where I want to put it (but will test that, too). But I haven't actually setup the cam yet.

I (originally) purchased AHP for the sole purpose of trying BVC. I do, of course, now use AHP now for other things. However my AHP's primary function is to support the Voice Control. I've written all about Bill's Voice Commander... here and on my Web Page (I even have a YouTube Video).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:08:49 AM by Dave_x10_L »

Fraz

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 08:25:18 AM »

Much thanks Dave X10 L,  I hadn't considered approaching an American living here in Australia, that certainly could simplify matters  :) . Will let you know if I have any luck.

Cheers mate.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.