Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: House & Unit Code Setup - Help Needed . . .  (Read 4875 times)

Mr Bob

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
House & Unit Code Setup - Help Needed . . .
« on: October 17, 2007, 08:46:49 AM »

Two large boxes arrived yesterday with a whole mess of X10 stuff.  Now the real issues have  started.  Can anyone here provide - or direct me to - guidance is setting-up a house/unit code schema?  Very generally, my objectives are:

1.  when alarm trips - flash all designated lights - sound chimes and powerhorn

2.  when active eye sensor detects motion - turn-on designated lights and sound chimes (several systems: e.g.,  porch lights, yard post-lamp and floodlights outside; as well as motion activated inside lights)

3.  Turn-on outside lights with key-chain and/or credit card remotes

4.  Same as 3 - but designated inside lights

5.  I will probably add cameras in the near future

6.  Are the security module codes (door/window sensors or flodlights)  related to the AHP (lamp modules) codes in any way? 

7.  T or F - Each transceiver can handle only 16 codes?

Santa brought AHP, SmartMacros, iWitness, MyHouse Online, and On Alert; as well as lamp modules/wall dimmer switches for most all lights; door/window sensors; Active Eye sensors; outdoor floods w/motion sensors; chimes; powerhorn; etc. .  Frankly, I am overwhelmed and floundering. 

My first step is to compile a listing of the various modules and their respective codes.  I have revised this about a gazillon times so far . . .  Can anyone here please help?

Thanks!
Bob H.
Southern Maryland
Cheers!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Bob H.
Southern Maryland

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: House & Unit Code Setup - Help Needed . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:15:36 AM »

1.  when alarm trips - flash all designated lights - sound chimes and powerhorn
    all need to be set to the same house code.

2.  when active eye sensor detects motion - turn-on designated lights and sound chimes (several systems: e.g.,  porch lights, yard post-lamp and floodlights outside; as well as motion activated inside lights)
     can be set to the same house & unit code but not the best to do so.  Put the motion sensors on one code, chimes on another and lights still on another code.  Control them with a macro triggered by the motion sensor.

3.  Turn-on outside lights with key-chain and/or credit card remotes
      can be set to the same code as the light .....or.....set the remotes to a different code & turn light on/off using a macro.

4.  Same as 3 - but designated inside lights
     same as 3 - but with designated remotes/lights/macros.

I would get the above working first before you buy anything else.

6.  Are the security module codes (door/window sensors or flodlights)  related to the AHP (lamp modules) codes in any way?
     The floodlights are.  Look for them in the module list.  The door/window sensors have their own codes as well.  Search for DS10A info on the board.

7.  T or F - Each transceiver can handle only 16 codes?
     True and don't forget the DS7000 is also a transceiver that can only handle one house code.

Think of how you want things to work in the house.  Start with one light & one sensor.  If someone walks by, what do you want to happen?  Is is daytime or nighttime?  Is the alarm on? Are you home? Do you want the light NOT to come on sometimes?  Do you always want the chime to sound?

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:17:29 AM by spam4us »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »

I would get the above working first before you buy anything else.

If cameras are a definite part of your plans, I suggest you think about their allocation into you system now. It will help avoid making major changes later on when you add them.

This post may help with house code assigning: HOUSECODES: By Room or By Module Type or By Function or...?

Mr Bob

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »

Thank you both - this is most helpful.javascript:void(0);
Font Face

Regarding cameras - should they be assigned the same housecode (HC) (L in my case) as the security motion sensors and floodlights? Or would it be better to assign them to their own HC?  (I'm beginning to run out of available electrical outlets . . .)

Regarding transceivers - somewhere in the back of my mind, I recall that Nokita told me - when I placed the order - that seversal of the other modules double as transceivers - can you please tell me which modules double as transceivers and modules?  I have:

2 transceivers,

the C15A,

DS7000,

2 single plug outlets,

2 appliance modules.

My planned housecode allocation requires 9 HCs - not sure how many transceivers I already have, 'cause I don't understand which can do double duty . . .

Finally, how do you set the codes on the remotes?  (we have keychain remotes, credit card remotes, palm remote and universal remote - none of which have the rotary code selectors)

Cheers!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Bob H.
Southern Maryland

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »

Some like to have their cameras and motion sensors set to the same codes for immediate activation, others like to separate them and take full control with ActiveHome Pro; it's all just a matter of preference.

Only the single house code transceivers TM751 & RR501 have a built-in Appliance Module.

The CM15A is a 16 house code transceiver; ideally you should not need to use any single house code transceivers; but if you do, make sure any single house code transceiver's house code is set to NOT transceiver in the CM15A. Never have more than one house code being transceived.

The instructions for each remote should be with the product. If not, you can find it on X10's support website: Product Owner's Manuals

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.