Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Automating an existing Home security system?  (Read 2438 times)

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Automating an existing Home security system?
« on: October 30, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »

Is it possible to get AHP to talk to my existing home security system? I would like to have all of my existing window and door sensors act as triggers and have x10dispatcher alert me when something is open. Is this possible without purchasing the x10 security modules? Ideas, Thoughts ..etc would be greatly appreciated! I figure configuring dispatcher to do this wouldn't be all that difficult... but how would I get my sensors to talk to AHP?
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Automating an existing Home security system?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »

Is it possible to get AHP to talk to my existing home security system? I would like to have all of my existing window and door sensors act as triggers and have x10dispatcher alert me when something is open. Is this possible without purchasing the x10 security modules? Ideas, Thoughts ..etc would be greatly appreciated! I figure configuring dispatcher to do this wouldn't be all that difficult... but how would I get my sensors to talk to AHP?

Some security consoles have an optional X10 interface - check with your security installer.

Non-X10 security sensors usually transmit on a different frequency and have a more sophisticated encoding than the CM15A understands, so directly receiving signals from your existing security sensors probably won't work.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.