Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How About a New Version Instead of all These Useless Giveaways?  (Read 4440 times)

bcondemi

How About a New Version Instead of all These Useless Giveaways?
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:47:52 PM »

Why not update this poor decrepit program and (sometimes working hardware) with some REAL new software and more solid replacement for the cm15a?

Jeez...the x10 website could also be improved...
... 24 hours left! Best cameras anywhere! Legal cable! Complete security protection! and on.. and on... and on...!

This stuff is getting old. How long will this crap last??? Get with it X10!!

BC
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:51:06 PM by bcondemi »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: How About a New Version Instead of all These Useless Giveaways?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:59:24 PM »

If you are referring to AHP, there's a thread devoted to updates to the program ongoing.  Check it out.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »

Why not update this poor decrepit program and (sometimes working hardware) with some REAL new software and more solid replacement for the cm15a?

Jeez...the x10 website could also be improved...
... 24 hours left! Best cameras anywhere! Legal cable! Complete security protection! and on.. and on... and on...!

You probably don't want to start holding your breath for these changes.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »

I really don't mean to sound argumentative.... but... why the X10 bashing? Sure some of the software doesn't work perfectly with every PC. As software goes... that's actually kinda normal.

X10 brought home automation to the masses.... and still does. Some of X10's products are cutting edge... at bargain prices. Other products are just bargain priced. All retail today is marked-up and then sale-priced. Marketing is: what it is. Home automation technology: is what it is. I don't think X10 corporate headquarter's has any better chances of controlling that..... than us users.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 06:47:58 PM »

I agree with Dave. Since I got started in HA, 90% being X10, I have run into a few problems but since getting help here I am very happy with my system and it is working 100%.

Could there be improvements? Sure there could and perhaps we will see some in the near future, who knows. But it does work.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

bcondemi

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 07:00:55 PM »

Not trying to bash x10. I think its as good as it gets right now for sure, but it would be nice to get a real upgrade. Its been a long time coming.
The website however (my opinion) seems like an infomercial unprofessional and pushy, like a used car salesman trying to push their stuff. Anyway I know that has nothing to do with an upgrade and hardware issues but just seems lacking in the whole package (in my opinion)

BC

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »

Hey bcondemi,

We haven't heard from you since your awesome post with your antenna set up. I figured all was working great for you.

There are some shortcomings to ActiveHome Pro, but all in all, it can do a lot and does a decent job; and most issues do have a way of being worked around. At least now the signs are encouraging that X10 is listening to our issues and going to make some improvements. An update on their progress now and then would be nice.  ;)

Let us know if there are any particular problems we can help with.

Cheers

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.