Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Useless  (Read 11806 times)

mrmedia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Useless
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

... "The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been removed.
In addition, the original poster has been warned." ...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:07:39 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

bam320

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 01:55:36 PM »

Good Evening,

It is interesting to see that my useless posting was a bad use of my time.  That decision cannot be made by one for all.  For this being an old question and the original person who posted it being gone there sure are a lot of replies and a lot more people have read it.  Did I waste my time, I cannot make that decision, the people that glean information from this will. Did they understand what I stated, many probably did not, some did and some learned a bit.  It is my believe that if you understand signal attenuation you can resolve over 50% of the problems; if you call it something else you simply do not understand it.

For me the instructions etc are nice and yes I do read them, I believe in the RTFM (Read The Flipping Manual) axiom.   I personally would get maybe 50 times the benefit if the schematics were also available but most of the people using X10 could not read them much less fully understand what is on them.  Understanding the basic principals makes troubleshooting a lot less work.  Yes there are some good schematics available on the web but not for all modules.

Did I waist my time, I do not think so!
Gil Shultz

Waste of time....not a chance! It is people like you and many others that have helped people like me that do not post often gain much needed information for possible problems in the future. I repair automobiles for a living and have some ability to figure things out but have found it valuable to take the advice of people who know. To be sure your posts are read I'm sure by many people like myself!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 04:22:34 PM by bam320 »

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »

Two things.
1) I don't believe anyone is trying to make anyone else feel "stupid".
It's just that, when an answer is given the poster has no idea if they are replying to a 8 year old, a 40 year old or an 80 year old.
Also the poster doesn't know if they are replying to a High school drop out or to an Electronics Engineer.
Therefore the person replying tries to make their replies as understandable as possible.
2) No answer is a waste of time.
Whether the original person benefits from the reply or not is moot. Someone will.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

essp2003

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »

Graphs, schematics, and pictures tell 100 fold what words do to a much greater audience. Guru's here mostly, are Graduate EE advanced user level knowledge: an awful big gap between the average 'joe' who controls mass buying power.

I've seen excellent labelled photographic instruction that made me jealous on this site (or links to such). So it can be done, except some people have their plates full understandably.

I currently work around many cctv monitors now, but it is not h.264 technology and probably not wireless due to batteries on devices (maintenance). We are now in this century's depression cycle phase and all consumer-beneficial technology will be thwarted so Industry can milk obsolete technology cash cow products that do little good for users benefit.

So it is upon guru's like yourself to either introduce relatively available technology, or be bought out by Industry to supress affordable user-beneficial technology. Good luck either way to each and every one of you. But its about time that a 3000+ year tradition of screwing mankind for benefit of a few rich inbreds started to change: with the advent of the PC and web (world wide communications).
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.