Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Viewing cm15a memory contents  (Read 19438 times)

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Viewing cm15a memory contents
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:59:39 PM »

Hi,

I recall the ability to view and verify or verify and print?? what is saved in the Older Active Home interface but I cannot find how to do this for the cm15a.

I went to file-reports-general and it lists what I want to be in their but then again the list is of all I have modules and times I have for that file. Let me re state this, I have 3 modules set up for active home pro I have downloaded them into the interface and I want to verify they are there. Can anyone instruct me how to do so? I searched for quite a while and found the same question as I'm asking but the asker did not specify which interface they were talking about and there was not follow up.

Thanks for your help
J.P 

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Viewing cm15a memory contents
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 04:21:44 PM »

I don't recall a way to read the information in the CM15A.
If you only have 3 modules right now the easiest way would be to address them with a controller or set timers for the modules and observe if they're there that way.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Boiler

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »

Let me re state this, I have 3 modules set up for active home pro I have downloaded them into the interface and I want to verify they are there. Can anyone instruct me how to do so? I searched for quite a while and found the same question as I'm asking but the asker did not specify which interface they were talking about and there was not follow up.

unofornaio,
Modules (switches, chimes, etc) don't actually get downloaded to the CM15a interface.  Timers and Macro's do.  There is a file listing the timer and macro setups that are loaded in the interface.  Not the easiest to read, but it's located at :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional\ahpeeprom_w.txt

unofornaio

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 06:37:06 PM »

Thanks guys.

Hmmm.. I just opened Active Home and I could not find where to do it in there either. I Remember printing something and I though it was the contents of the interface?? I guess not. I went to statistics and the interface box came up and found "verify" I cant remember what I did before its been so long.. anyway so with pro and the cm15a other than the file Boiler mentioned (which I could not find) I did a windows search and nothing came up. I tried C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\...but I don't have an (Application Data folder) I did a search for - ahpeeprom_w.txt and nothing came up...I will just test it out manually. That still kind sucks though that you cant verify what you want to be in there is actually in there..

Thanks again,
J.P.

Boiler

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »

unofornaio,
You may have installed AHP for a single user (not sure if this is possible).  It may be under a different folder than the "All Users".
The application data folder is probably hidden and may not show up in a search (select "search hidden files and folders").

The AHPEEprom_w.txt file should be on your system.  It's generated each time you download to the interface.

Again, just to be clear, simple modules (switches, transceivers, lamp modules) are not stored in the interface.  It simply doesn't need to know about them.  The CM15a takes simple on/off/dim/bright commands (RF, PC, Timer, Macro) for these devices and translates them to the powerline.

Time and macro commands are stored in the interface (as well as a lot of local day/night information) because these are used to generate X10 commands.

I've attached an edited file that I generated with a simple test file.  The file contained the following:

• Motion sensor at D3
  • Macro at D3 (turns Switch C3 on in response to motion at D3)
  • Switch at C3

If you look the the AHPEEprom file, you'll notice only the macro is loaded to the CM15a.

Hope this helps,
Boiler

unofornaio

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 09:41:38 PM »

Thanks again I did a search again and found nothing but everything came on that should have so I guess its ok.

Thanks for the help,
J.P.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »

Mine is in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Active Home Professional. Yours may be there too, as even a single user system has both the regular user profile and the Administrator, even if the Administrator profile has never been accessed.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 12:01:02 AM »

Mine was where Boiler said but if you don't find it there or where Dan suggested just do a search for the file ahpeeprom_w.txt.
If you still don't find it, even searching hidden files like was suggested try downloading again.

Boiler: Does the file not exist till the 1st download or does the install create a "starter file".
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Boiler

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 11:41:49 AM »

Boiler: Does the file not exist till the 1st download or does the install create a "starter file".

Steven R,
I'm not sure when the file is created for a new install.  I've never checked. 

The file will be created even if you do not have macros or timers since the dusk/dawn info resides in the interface.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »

Steven R,
I'm not sure when the file is created for a new install.  I've never checked. 

The file will be created even if you do not have macros or timers since the dusk/dawn info resides in the interface.
While it's a mute point once you start using AHP, I was just wondering in case that might be the reason he couldn't find it.

Boiler

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »

While it's a mute point once you start using AHP, I was just wondering in case that might be the reason he couldn't find it.

Yep, I understood where you were going with the question.  I just can't come up with a scenario where the file wouldn't be created.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »

Yep, I understood where you were going with the question.  I just can't come up with a scenario where the file wouldn't be created.

Hey guys...  X-10 has been making major design changes in their modules without changing the part number.  What's to say they haven't changed AHP so it no longer saves the memory image in ahpeeprom_w.txt but haven't changed the revision number?

unofornaio:
How long ago did you install or update your AHP?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Boiler

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »

Hey guys...  X-10 has been making major design changes in their modules without changing the part number.  What's to say they haven't changed AHP so it no longer saves the memory image in ahpeeprom_w.txt but haven't changed the revision number?

OK, that's a scenario for the file not existing, and one that I really don't like (I still haven't gotten over the WS467 and LM465 thing).

unofornaio,
As Charles requested, could you help us out by posting your AHP version, any plug-ins, and date of install?

Thanks,
Boiler

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »

OK, that's a scenario for the file not existing, and one that I really don't like (I still haven't gotten over the WS467 and LM465 thing).

unofornaio,
As Charles requested, could you help us out by posting your AHP version, any plug-ins, and date of install?

Thanks,
Boiler

Rant withdrawn.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:18:27 AM by Charles Sullivan »
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 06:02:26 PM »

Charles, you are Wrong!!!

The latest version is 3.204 and x10nets.exe is still a part of AHP. I have it, Windows loads it and without it, AHP cannot track module status.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.