Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Viewing cm15a memory contents  (Read 19440 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Viewing cm15a memory contents
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 06:16:35 PM »

Charles, you are Wrong!!!

The latest version is 3.204 and x10nets.exe is still a part of AHP. I have it, Windows loads it and without it, AHP cannot track module status.

The latest version is 3.206 if you have the OnAlert plugin (which you don't).  And who said anything about x10nets.exe  - please read messages before responding to them.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »

I read every message in this section and almost every one refers somehow to X10Nets.exe (X10 Network Services)

If 3.206 doesn't have it, then X10 is at fault.   

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 07:01:15 PM »

I read every message in this section and almost every one refers somehow to X10Nets.exe (X10 Network Services)

If 3.206 doesn't have it, then X10 is at fault.   

Huh???  Are you sure you don't have your topics crossed?  Not one message in this topic mentions x10nets.exe or "X10 Network Services" - they're all about seeing the contents of the CM15A EEPROM memory as stored (at least previously) in file ahpeeprom_w.txt.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 07:22:59 PM »

I've just checked it out and X-10 HAS PULLED ANOTHER FAST ONE!!!
Recent installations of ActiveHome Pro NO LONGER SAVE the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.

I recently changed hard drives on one of my PCs and reinstalled AHP on 1 Sep 2007.  This version of AHP (still labeled 3.206) doesn't save the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.  Another PC which has had AHP 3.206 installed for about a year DOES save the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.

Who knows what else they've changed without notice.

I think I've about had it with X-10 and this forum.  How in blazes can we supposedly "experienced" users be expected to offer assistance to other users when X-10 keeps sneaking in all these changes, modules and software, and hoping nobody will notice.  What a @#$@## waste of everyone's time!

That's where you are wrong.    I did err in referring to X10Nets.exe when I should have posted ahpeeprom_w.txt instead.

If X10 removed ahpeeprom_w.txt from 3.206 they screwed up big time.  I have a ahpeeprom_w.txt as part of 3.204 (it's in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Active Home Professional) and it's refreshed every time I clear the CM15 and download to it.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 09:18:32 PM »

I've just checked it out and X-10 HAS PULLED ANOTHER FAST ONE!!!
Recent installations of ActiveHome Pro NO LONGER SAVE the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.

I recently changed hard drives on one of my PCs and reinstalled AHP on 1 Sep 2007.  This version of AHP (still labeled 3.206) doesn't save the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.  Another PC which has had AHP 3.206 installed for about a year DOES save the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.

Who knows what else they've changed without notice.

I think I've about had it with X-10 and this forum.  How in blazes can we supposedly "experienced" users be expected to offer assistance to other users when X-10 keeps sneaking in all these changes, modules and software, and hoping nobody will notice.  What a @#$@## waste of everyone's time!

That's where you are wrong.    I did err in referring to X10Nets.exe when I should have posted ahpeeprom_w.txt instead.

How is it that I'm wrong when you erred?

If X10 removed ahpeeprom_w.txt from 3.206 they screwed up big time.  I have a ahpeeprom_w.txt as part of 3.204 (it's in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Active Home Professional) and it's refreshed every time I clear the CM15 and download to it.

How long has it been since you updated to AHP 3.204 on your system?    If you'll notice, I did say that the PC which has had 3.206 installed for a year or so does in fact write the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.   It's the 3.206 recently installed (1 Sept 2007) on a new hard drive which doesn't write that file.  So not all versions of "AHP 3.206" are the same, and I'm sure that if you reinstalled 3.204 from scratch on a new hard drive you'd find that not all "3.204" are the same either.  Remember that all you have is the installer stub and the actual AHP program files are downloaded from X-10's server at the time you do the installation.

Update:
Another user has informed me that he just installed AHP 3.204 on a different PC and it does write the ahpeeprom_w.txt file.  I'll need to do some more experimentation to find out what's going on here.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:45:37 PM by Charles Sullivan »
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »

I upgraded to 3.204 on July 10, 2006.  That was from 3.202, the version that followed it was 3.203 which was so buggy that most users backed up their .ahx files, uninstalled AHP and reinstalled 3.202. 3.204 was issued just 4 months after 3.203.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 11:05:09 PM »

Charles: A couple weeks ago (Oct. 13th) I upgraded one of my PCs (from a formatted HD), and did a fresh install of Version 3.206. I just checked and the ahpeeprom_w.txt file is current to the last change I made (2 days ago).

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but figured you might want to know.  ;)

I run Win2K, don't know if that is a factor or not.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 11:23:58 PM »

Charles: A couple weeks ago (Oct. 13th) I upgraded one of my PCs (from a formatted HD), and did a fresh install of Version 3.206. I just checked and the ahpeeprom_w.txt file is current to the last change I made (2 days ago).

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but figured you might want to know.  ;)

I run Win2K, don't know if that is a factor or not.

Thanks Puck.

Which plugins do you have installed?  It occurs to me that one difference between my two 3.206 installations is that the recent one which doesn't write the ahpeeprom_w.txt file has the iWitness and MyHouseOnline plugins, and these aren't installed on the other PC.
I'm wondering if that could have a bearing.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 11:42:02 PM »

Which plugins do you have installed? 

I have all 4 plug-ins installed. (Side Note: iWitness is installed but don't use it because of no VA11A.)

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 12:22:25 AM »

Which plugins do you have installed?

I have all 4 plug-ins installed. (Side Note: iWitness is installed but don't use it because of no VA11A.)

I just tried another download and this time I got an ahpeeprom_w.txt file with the recently installed 3.206.  Go figure.

I guess I have to withdraw my rant.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »

Um..."said while ducking the cross fire" I just got back from out of town and very quickly skimmed over the heated conversation. I will read further this evening and reply but I just didn't want you all to think I abandoned the thread.

J.P.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 04:32:54 PM »

Unless there's been a stealth update to AHP, it would not be possible for X10 to remove the function that writes the apheeprom files. The writing of that file is of course done in software, by the X10Net service that does the communication to the CM15A. The ahpeeprom_w.txt tells you what the software wrote to the CM15A when downloading. It doesn't log a read of the CM15A memory. There isn't normally a way to read the memory of the CM15A in AHP.

There is a registry setting that can be set to enable a "Read EEPROM" item on the Help menu in AHP, but I can't remember what it is, or where it goes right now. I'll think about it. If anyone has the really old installer for the old "debug" CM15A units we sent it, you can use that -- all it does is set the registry flag for enabling/disabling the menu items.

Boiler

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »

Um..."said while ducking the cross fire" I just got back from out of town and very quickly skimmed over the heated conversation. I will read further this evening and reply but I just didn't want you all to think I abandoned the thread.

Thanks for coming back and sorry for the Um...tangent.  We can on occasion get a bit passionate about things.

I believe the bottom line is - We've had 4 members perform fresh installs of AHP 3.204 and 3.206 on multiple OS's (mine was 3.204 on XP).  All of these have generated the AHPEEprom_W.txt file.

I'm not sure how you're AHp install could have downloaded to the CM15a without this file.  At the moment, it sounds like things are functioning for you (and you probably don't want to fix something that isn't broken).  Give us an update if things change.

Thanks,
Boiler

{OK, MichaelC beat me to the puch - here's my $0.02 anyway}

There is a registry setting that can be set to enable a "Read EEPROM" item on the Help menu in AHP, but I can't remember what it is, or where it goes right now. I'll think about it. If anyone has the really old installer for the old "debug" CM15A units we sent it, you can use that -- all it does is set the registry flag for enabling/disabling the menu items.

That's interesting - I have a AHPeeprom_R.txt in the same directory.  In fact it's dated 11/6/07 where my _w.txt file is dated 11/2/07.  I never paid much attention to this file since it does not update regularly.

I did notice that when I brought up AHP today it issued a P16 code.  This is a fairly new PC but the .AHX file traces back to '04.  Not sure how this could be related to a registry item, but a switch in the .AHX is possible. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:47:31 PM by Boiler »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 04:51:21 PM »

...There is a registry setting that can be set to enable a "Read EEPROM" item on the Help menu in AHP,...
...If anyone has the really old installer for the old "debug" CM15A units we sent it, you can use that -- all it does is set the registry flag for enabling/disabling the menu items.
Hmm... That registry setting could be a useful debugging tool. The raw data might prove a challenge to interpret but it could prove useful in verifying a bug from time to time. e.g. The way an advanced function such as "appliance off" and "module off" are stored. I forget which one it was but one incorrectly stores as an on.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

unofornaio

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »

I was typing the stuff below as the last 2 post came in. Don't worry about the heated debate that what make this forum a god sent for idiots like me, you guys know this stuff like the back of your hand and every time I post a question that shows so I am grateful.

Ok I don't know it this will help or not but this is what I have.

Active Home Pro: 3.204

Last update: 7/3/2006

Plug ins:  Smart Macros
             I witness
             My House online

I'm running W2000 pro - 5.00.2195 - Service Pack 4

When I Check for updates, via help-check for updates, it tells me I have the latest version.
I am currently NOT using any of the plug ins. They are registered but the only thing I am using is AHP for right now is for some lights just programed using the timer designer using:

1- LM 15A
          1- WS 12A
          1- LM 465

O just remembered that a few months ago I deleted an an X 10 application from my task manager I can remember what it was could that have something to do with it? I just checked and the only X 10 thats listed there, that I know of, is x10nets.exe

Answers to questions:

-I honestly do not know when I installed AHP on here its been several months more than 6 or 7?. I do still have AH installed on the same drive could that be an issue?

-Everything is working fine but now I'm kinda worried that clearly others have this file and for some unknown reason I do not.
When I say "I did a search" I mean I'm going to start-search-files or folders and typing in AHPEEprom_W.txt and have the drive to C which is my only hard drive..

I don't know what else to do..My concern in its most basic form is if you are downloading information to the cm15a how can there be no way to check if its there? or what percentage of memory I am using? How do I know if its at capacity? I realize this is not a concern with what I have it running but wouldnt it be for others?

Thanks again
J.P
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.