Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless videosender interference  (Read 25313 times)

santhu_pp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless videosender interference
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »

I received the wireless video sender today and was trying to get that working properly from last 3hours. I tried all of the option i can do to get the video or audio working without any disturbance. I kept the sender and receiver like 5ft near antennas facing each other and powered off all the other electrical or electronics equipment to avoid any interference. But still i am getting interference line in the video, noise in the audio etc.

The receiver failed miserably when i kept the sender in another room. Even when the sender and receiver was sitting close and facing each other, whenever i walked in between or even i kept hand near the sender or receiver antenna the noise level increased.

When i heared about the product i was really excited but now i am really disaapointed. A little bit of fine tuning should be make this product great.

If anyone have suggestion to resolve this problem will be highly appreciated ( tried powering off router,codeless phone, microwave, A-D channel change, adjusting the antenna direction etc)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Wireless videosender interference
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:50:50 PM »

I use the wireless senders/receivers and they work fine here.

At such close range....you should be able to face the antennas in any direction and they should work.

You could have a bad audio connection... at the equipment, or even the audio cable (even a new cable).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »

I recommended this product to my father in-law... however when we hooked it up ..we got video fine but we could not send remote comands to the reciever.. from another room.. also his wireless internet kept shutting off...I knew why.. he uses a 2.4 ghz router.. but I didnt know if there was a workaround for this.. we tried it on all four channels but still the same result.. he has since returned it. But is there a solution for the internet interference?
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:27:37 AM »

My solution was to buy at set of video transmitters which use 5.8MHz instead of 2.4MHz.   X10 doesn't make such, but others do.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »

My solution was to buy at set of video transmitters which use 5.8MHz instead of 2.4MHz.   X10 doesn't make such, but others do.
Too bad the most/all of the X10 cameras use built in 2.4MHz transmitters.  :(
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »

.......... also his wireless internet kept shutting off...I knew why.. he uses a 2.4 ghz router.. .......... But is there a solution for the internet interference?

Yes... most if not all wireless routers have several (meaning 4) "blocks" of bandwidth. Of course... this can be changed by accessing your routers setting. Generally this can be as simple as typing in:  http://192.168.1.1/ (or clicking the <link) and typing in your user name and password. For many people it will mean digging out your routers manual.

I did change my router settings. It is also a nice security feature, to NOT use the default user name, password, and bandwidth settings.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »

... most if not all wireless routers have several (meaning 4) "blocks" of bandwidth. Of course... this can be changed by accessing your routers setting....
I haven't found it yet but I'm seem to remember someone suggesting particular router settings that were least likely to interfere.
I'll keep searching but won't feel bad if someone else finds them first.  :)

Ok I think this is what I remembered.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 11:35:52 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »

Ok I think this is what I remembered.

To minimize interference between an X10 camera system and an 802.11b, 80211.g wireless router set the X10 system to channel D and the wireless router to channel 1.

X10 camera center frequencies (from FCC web site)

channel        frequency
   A                2413
   B                2437.6
   C                2455
   D                2471

802.11b, 802.11g Router center frequencies

Channel          frequency
    1                  2412
    6                  2437
  11                  2462
(The other 8 channels should not be used because these are the only ones that don't overlay each other).

:)

Is that the guy that lives in your walls?

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 05:44:13 PM »

I was never able to find a combination of X10 channels and WiFi channels that would eliminate the interfere; only reduce it.  But reducing it wasn't enough for me.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.