Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Camera- Limitations  (Read 3364 times)

Lalin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Camera- Limitations
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »

I have been using an X10 camera for 4 years and continuing to use. The camera is rugged in the sense that it can operate for a long period without any issues. But a distinct weakness in X10 camera is that it does not have an auto-iris feature to control the amount of sunlight that is absorbed by the camera. If the camera is fitted out-doors, with adequate protection from direct sunlight and rain, it does not send a clear image to the monitor. Greater the sunlight in the environment, the more bright the image is. The brightness spoils the view. It is practically an over bright image that you get. Therefore the camera operates well only under limited light environments. Also I have never had a colour image. It has always been black and white. I spoke to several support persons without any success.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: X10 Camera- Limitations
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 06:39:25 PM »

You don't state which camera you are using (model number\name) or how you are viewing the image(TV/PC/software) ::) ???
There are programs which alow for contrast and brightness control, however that won't help if not viewing from a PC! ;)
I have a cam anywhere Same as the Anacondas (color & wired) it has been outside for over 10 years and still produces a good pic and in color!
However One pointto note:
 Having left this cam in the ON state for several days/months has caused a burn in image which if I move the cam to a white or light colored background it is visible.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.