Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: motion camera and lights  (Read 6541 times)

cjc5602

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
motion camera and lights
« on: December 21, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »

i have an eagle eye on the garage that operates the outside garage lights and porch lights and activates a chime inside. so i asumed that when i added the pan tilt kit and camera that i would just use the existing eagle eye instead of mounting another. the problem is that when i open vanguard it trips the chime and turns on the lights. is ther any way aroun this without adding another eagle eye and keeping them seperate or do you basically need an eagle eye for seperate functions

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: motion camera and lights
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 05:01:28 AM »

............ i asumed that when i added the pan tilt kit and camera that i would just use the existing eagle eye instead of mounting another.

the problem is that when i open vanguard it trips the chime and turns on the lights.

....without adding another eagle eye and keeping them seperate ....

There is the rub! You can keep them separate... or you can combine them. There are problems with having devices working together sometimes... and separately at other times. How will we get the devices to KNOW which time would be which? What do you plan on having as a determining factor?

If you can decide on a factor, like the camera should come On only during certain hours, or only if someone is home (or not home). Then... with the use of AHP (Active Home Pro) and maybe a Home Automation Computer running 24/7... you can accomplish nearly anything.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cjc5602

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:22:47 AM »

i want the lights and camera to come on anytime it detects motion and also the chime, but when i activate vanguard the chime goes off also or when i switch cameras the chime goes off

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »

Are you also using AHP (Active Home Pro)?

dellzip

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »

May be interested in a similar setup...

cjc5602

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 08:16:19 PM »

No, i dont have AHP yet. i just got the x10 security system and added a camera  last week maybe i will get the AHP for christmas :'

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 08:37:39 PM »

.......... i will get the AHP for christmas :'

Well... then with AHP you can create a macro so that the [eye] sensor will trigger the chime AND then the camera... . That way you can then trigger everything else.. without also triggering the chime. Actually AHP (and a computer) allows for you to do just about anything you can dream up.

I use AHP [and and Home Automation Computer] along with a third party software (BVC) written by a guy here at the X10 forum. I've even posted a YouTube Video.

Be prepared to have FUN.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:46:25 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.