Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Won't Install - Getting "Corrupt Installation file" message  (Read 57569 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Won't Install - Getting "Corrupt Installation file" message
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »

tom j in a word NO! :(
Since I have AHP installed I'm thinking that is the issue as I get a dll error and Vanguard shuts down.
I can't even get it to send a simple e-mail (no pic)! I have another PC here to test it on but I have to replace the lan card first! :'(
But really Vanguard won't do anything that AHP won't infact AHP with all the plug-ins is a much better buy and you can do more with AHP!
If your really set on another program for sending you a pic via email look at the free XrayVision software. It has been ages since I used it but you can do that with it! It also would monitor your cam image and if it senses movement mark the movement and save the pic! Also Xray works with any capture device! ;) :D ;D Or any I tried!

Well I got to say it again Tuice You The Man!! Yep thanks again for all the help. But what I can't understand is why x10 releases software and sometime hardware that doesn't work?? don't they realize a happy customer buys more stuff and a dissatisfied one trashes your products! I think x10 has the worst and I mean worst programmers around I remember when AHP first came out it was over a year latter and folks were still complaining about timers, TIMERS not working!!!! So go figure :-\. Ok humm.. let me see I think you said I need x10 dispatch for iWitness to actually send the e-mails so how about Xray vision do I need it also for Xray vision for send e-mails or can it accomplish this on it's own? Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »

Xray will send e-mails on it's own I haven't tested it with AHP on A system though!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

Xray will send e-mails on it's own I haven't tested it with AHP on A system though!

Thank you sir! humm.. so would you say that my best bet would be iWitness with X10 dispatcher then, I have AHP and all the plugins. Hope I'm not repeating myself I might of asked you a similar question but I can't find the link, I've saved this one!! Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Tom j
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:05:43 PM by tom j »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 08:51:57 AM »

tom j: If you have AHP and all the Plug-ins you won't need X10dispatcher to send pics as AHP with MYHouse will send the e-mail. but X10dispatcher is good for other features not available with Vanguard or AHP.
In fact if you have AHP and All the Plug-ins you'll be wasting money to get the Vanguard software as I've seen no added features that AHP doesn't have.
You will need the VA11A (X10 USB Video Capture Device) though if you don't have one yet! ;)
Cheers & Happy Holidays!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »

tom j: If you have AHP and all the Plug-ins you won't need X10dispatcher to send pics as AHP with MYHouse will send the e-mail. but X10dispatcher is good for other features not available with Vanguard or AHP.
In fact if you have AHP and All the Plug-ins you'll be wasting money to get the Vanguard software as I've seen no added features that AHP doesn't have.
You will need the VA11A (X10 USB Video Capture Device) though if you don't have one yet! ;)
Cheers & Happy Holidays!

Thank You So Much for the help. Yes I have all the plugins so I should be set, are the instructions any good?? Thanks Tuice!!!! & Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »

The instructions do need work you can find some additional info at the X10Wiki
If you need additional help the forum here is the quickest way to find your answers(other than the chat room is someone is online)!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »

Cheers & Happy Holidays!

Say Tuice you said AHP with My House will send the pictures that with iWitness handling the cameras right. and yep I got the video capture device  ;)

Tom j

mikenjody

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »

running vista need driver for va11a

davidcpt71

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 12:07:14 PM »

I seem to be having the same install problem, have tried to download multiple times.  I have sent an email to X10 requesting a new file and no response yet..

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Dave

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 10:49:29 AM »

tom j  Sorry for the slow reply!
Yes, AHP MyHouse plug-in will send your pics captured via the iWitness plug-in!
If you also have the SmartMacro plug-in you can set conditions so your not filling your mail box with pics from unwanted activity!
mikenjody:
There is no driver you can just download! YET!
However another user may supply you with the edited filed, but it is faster to edit it yourself! ;)
Here is a link explaining how:
You may wish to start reading from the begining but I've linked to the start of bnocturnal's  
How to! ;)
Continue reading the thread for additional info to get the VA11A recognized as a capture device! ;)

davidcpt71

What Operating system you running?
Please supply additional info!
Are you downloading and saving the file to your Hard drive?
Are you using the file you downloaded to install?(disconected from the internet)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

stryke23x

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 06:45:14 PM »

I am having the same problem here where the download is corrupt.   We called and someone stated that "it is a common problem."  She said she would send a zip file and that it was on the way while we were on the phone.  That was about 30 hours ago and we have received nothing.  We tried the online support to get this message:

"( Marie 14:35:26 ) Give me a minute to find your answer
( Marie 14:35:36 ) Thank you for using online chat system. However, we reserve this system to answer pre-sales questions.  Answers to your order support questions can be found by calling our support hotline at 1-800-442-5138."

That was the number we called before.  I tried again and was on hold for 15minutes only to be disconnected.  This is starting to become a very frustrating experience.   Does anyone  have the software non-corrupted that they could send?  It would be very appreciated.  Thank you.

John

Augus

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 01:04:19 AM »

Got sofware to work now. I check VA11A manual trouble shooting, and request for new link to download software at x10.com/support. seem like link on original email die 30 mins after you activate it. so I request new link and it work.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 02:13:10 AM by Augus »
1 Wireless PC Transceiver (CM19A);
1 PAN AND TILT KIT (CR14A)
4 EagleEye Motion Sensor (MS14A)
1 Vanguard Control Center Software (SW26A)
1 Small Wireless Transceiver (TM751)
1 VCR Commander II (UX23A)
1 USB Video Capture Apapter (VA11A)
1 Pan & Tilt Base (VK74A)
1 Small Video Receiver (VR36A)
2 XCam2 Instant-On Camera (XX16A)
2 NightWatch Wireless Low-Light B/W Video Camera (XX20A)

jackus17

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »

Can some one help me with the corrupt file of the Vanguard Control Center?
Thanks

zach1234

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »

Sure I can help what do you need. If you are able to join in a chat I can give you real time answers. I am a experienced user, just click on my link below.

jerred

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »

am getting corrupt file message and dont understand how to open vanguard please help not computer smart.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.