Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie here! Lamp Modules problem  (Read 7115 times)

dax702

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie here! Lamp Modules problem
« on: December 08, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »

Hi all, I just hooked up my X10 security system, 10 door/window sensors, two lamp modules, two motion detectors, three power horn sirens..I also got the complete computer software package and USB device, although I haven't even gotten to that yet. Everything seems to be great except now I just noticed that my lamp modules aren't functioning anymore.   I had one hooked up for several days and then I hooked up another one today and it was working fine and now I can't control either of them with either the remote control or keychain remote.  Can't find anything in the support docs online either for this.  What can cause them stop working? I know the remotes work because I can arm and disarm the system...

dax702

Re: Newbie here! Lamp Modules problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:08:41 PM »

I think I should also add that I can't activate the power horn sirens any longer either.  The only thing I can seem to do with the remote now is to arm and disarm the system.  The console isn't showing any kind of flashing lights or anything else to indicate a problem.  I should also mentioned that I had to reset the system a few times today while setting up all the zones.  I cannot figure out why all the plugin devices appeared to have stopped working.

dax702

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »

OK, nevermind, I figured out the problem and that was the fact that the console was unplugged and running on battery power!! You can delete this thread if you want since it was my fault  :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 07:21:51 AM »

Thank you for the update. Many times I have also gone into deep troubleshooting only to see it was a simple thing. The KISS theory manytimes works.

rosie6456

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:57:03 AM »

I have 4 lamp modules that, when initially installed, worked like a charm off of the key chain and the console remote. Now 2 of the 4 lamp modules do not work. When I use the remote, the other 2 modules work perfectly--these 2 just seemed to have stopped. Any suggestions?

jtykal

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • It was working fine yesterday...
    • Casa Bella - Vacation Condo in Fort Myers, FL
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »

Try replacing the modules that work with the ones that don't. If they work in this location, you can rule out the possibility that the module itself is bad. You can now immerse yourself in the wonderful world of power line communications (PLC)!  There are many excellent resources on this forum (and others) that explain things like phase coupling, line noise, and signal suckers.  If your modules test out OK, then you most likely have one (or more) of these power line issues to address. Enjoy your new hobby!
AHP-CM15A(ext.ant)-SmartMacros-OnAlert-DoorMonitor(custom)-Win7

rosie6456

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »

I just left a message about 2 of my 4 lamp modules not working. Guess what--it was a kiss. The 2 non-working modules were connected at a surge/extension cord. When I turned the surge console off and then on again, the modules reset and everything is fine. To some of the recent questions--if you do not have the modules directly to an electric outlet, the off/on suggestion at the lamp does not work. If they are directly to an electric outlet, the off/on suggestion at the lamp seems to work. Again, if the modules are connected to anything other than direct electric outlet, check their operation on a direct outlet; if they do not work then youmay have a problem.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:55:06 AM »

...The 2 non-working modules were connected at a surge/extension cord....
Keep in mind that surge strips themselves can diminish the X10 signal.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.