Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Energy Efficient Bulbs  (Read 2369 times)

enlite

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Energy Efficient Bulbs
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:56:40 AM »

I just replaced all my kitchen lights with the energy efficient bulbs. Can I still use the wall switch modules? I understand I can't dim them, but will the modules still work for on/off ?

Thanks

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: Energy Efficient Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »

I just replaced all my kitchen lights with the energy efficient bulbs. Can I still use the wall switch modules? I understand I can't dim them, but will the modules still work for on/off ?

Did you remove your wall switch modules and replace them with regular switches when you installed the CFLs or are they still in place with the CFLs and you're just operating them manually?  If they're still in place and don't blink when you turn them OFF let us know what brand and type of bulb you're using!  Also, if they don't blink when OFF you should be able to turn them ON or OFF remotely OK, just don't dim them.

This is what I did to get CFLs working in my installation:

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=14210.0

Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Energy Efficient Bulbs
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »

I have tried 2 wire X10 wall switches with CFL type bulbs. They do not work since the switch steals power through the load.

3 wire wall switches ;line; load and neutral; not a three way with line; load and traveler; may work. Depending on the bulb in question and the model switch used. I have tried a CFL and a Insteon dimmer as a test and if the ramp rate is set to high on and off seems to be fine.
Non dimming X10 switches with a real neutral wire and a mechanical switch should also work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.