Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Problems with AHPro, CM15 and SW11  (Read 25108 times)

pat30

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problems with AHPro, CM15 and SW11
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:09:07 AM »

Hello,
I have a problem with ActiveHome Pro (version 2.212) with SW11 (shutter switch) use with CM15.
All is OK with RF transmission(remote radio control): ON open and OFF close.
BUT, when I try from ActiveHome Pro, nothing !
Does AHPro had problems with SW10 module ?
Thanks for your answer.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Problems with AHPro, CM15 and SW11
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 10:58:25 AM »

Upgrade your AHP to 3.204, the latest version.  2.212 is so old it's not on the official revision lists.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

pat30

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »

Sorry, I make a mistake.
I use ActiveHome Pro 3.212 (it is ActiveHome Pro EU).
(Also, I test with CM11 and ActiveHome and I have no problem with SW10).
Thanks for answer.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »

I think you've made another mistake, latest version of Active Home Pro is 3.206 and only if you have the security plug-in (ONAlert)!
And As far as I know there isn't a EU version of it!
Can you post a link to it? Doing a google search turns up nothing on my end! ::) :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 07:21:59 PM »

There will be a few difficulties in getting help here for this problem. First, the shutter switch module you refer to isn't available in the US, or if it is it's a different model number. In the US, X10 uses SWxxA part numbers to refer to software.

Second, no one here has seen ActiveHome Pro's European version. That 3.212 version number would mean that X10 has revved X10Net and or AHP a couple times since the last US release, which is entirely possible. The revision numbers sometimes come from OEM work or they might come from a European version that needs localization and different modules, etc. (Take not of places in the revision history where you see an "internal use" version number -- that usually meant a change that was needed for an OEM that caused a new version number.)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »

The Marmitek SW10 Shutter Controller is a unique beast.  Although not mentioned in documentation by Marmitek or by X10Europe (http://www.x10europe.com/pdf/SW10E.pdf) it responds to the Type 0 Extended Code commands described in X-10's Extended Code document (http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/xtdcode.pdf).

The response of the SW10 to dim and bright commands is also unique:  With a European model transceiver (TM13), pressing the dim or bright button on a remote results in the shutter moving in the appropriate direction so long as the button is pressed.  Yet when a dim/bright is sent from the CM11, a single (short) dim/bright command starts the shutter moving and it keeps moving until it receives a second dim/bright.  I can only surmise that the TM13 must be sending its dim/bright in pairs with a gap between them, however the CM11 doesn't distinguish them as such when it reports receiving them over the power line.

As far as I know, the only software which implements the Type 0 Extended Code commands as simple shutter control instructions is HEYU (for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X), which uses a CM11 (http://www.heyu.org).  However ActiveHome Pro is capable of including arbitrary extended code commands in macros, and I assume that (with a little study on the part of the user) these could be usable with the SW10.

I don't see the CM15 or ActiveHome Pro included in the product listings from Marmitek, X10Europe, or Intellihome.  Where was your European version CM15/AHP purchased?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 09:58:21 PM »

There is no European version of Active Home Professional.  Both a Google and and an Ask search returned no European version of AHP now or in the past.

The OP needs to check exactly what he has.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

pat30

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 02:15:56 AM »

All my X10 receptors are from Marmitek.
- I bought SW10 and CM11 (with ActiveHome) from Intellihome (http://www.intellihome.be/francais/productview.asp?id=38 page in french) some months ago.
All was OK and I can use SW10 with ActiveHome (Active Home FR version 1.42 - Décembre 2001), with RF controller and Internet (I wrote some scripts in PHP and Perl).

- I bought CM15 from Domotique-Pro (http://www.domotique-pro.com/boutique/index.php/voir_fiche/2220/cm15/cm15_-_interface_pc_(x10)_usb_%2B_logiciel_activehome_pro_eu.php) (page in french)

- I downloaded Active Home Pro EU version 3.212 - Octobre 2007 (software in US language) at http://www.maison-domotique.com/telechargements/telecharger.php (page in french)
- After installation, I can control all my X10 receptors wirhout problem except the SW10.

And I do not understant:
- when I control the SW10 with a RF controller (Marmitek),
- I can open and close, so all is OK
- and on ActiveHome Pro EU the switch I can view on the PC screen move correctly from OFF to ON, (and ON to OFF when I sent shutdown OFF to SW10),
- So the software seems to receive a signal from the CM15 that a RF command is sent to the SW10

But when I try to do the command wifth ActivePro EU, it seems that the command is not sent to CM15 (but the switch on the PC screen move from OFF to ON) ?

This problem is only with SW10
I use actually: controllers (SH624, KR22, EasyTouch 35, TM13), receptors (LM12, AM12, LM15, AD10, AW12, LW12). All Marmitek bought from Intellihome.
I asked X10 USA by mail (http://www.x10.com/) to buy ActiveHome Pro software but they answer that they do not sell outside USA (I ask only for the software because we cannot use the hardware 110 v, which are very less expensive than the 230 v version we bought in Europe).

If you have any idea what can I do, thank for your answer.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 08:39:09 AM »

Most interesting!!!
I downloaded the AHP Europe 3.212 software from  pat30's link and installed it on a Win XP system.   Smart macros are included and there is no hassle about registration.  (I'm pretty sure I didn't have a previously registered AHP installation on this system.)

The interface is similar to the US version except that all the modules are the European versions.  The language is English.

I tried out the module for the SW10 Shutter Controller.  It's somewhat disappointing in that it has only On/Off control and doesn't include the Type 0 Extended Code shutter functions.   It transmits ordinary On and Off commands, observed by a CM11 on another system.

pat30:
AHP is notorious for having a lot of bugs.  Try this:
File > New
Drag in only the icon for the SW10 and set its housecode|unit to that of your SW10.
Try switching it On and Off and see if your SW10 responds.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

MichaelC

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »

Since X10's software registration and upgrade system works only when purchase is made from X10.com (or X10 UK when it was still in operation), it's to be expected that the AHP Europe version doesn't require either of those. I bet it's not an Internet based installer, either. (I'd download it, but I'm not going to do that while I'm at work.)

If I had to guess, I'd bet that they implemented the SW10 in the simplest way possible, ignoring the fact that it works differently from other modules -- shorter dev time, less testing. Testing European modules was always problematic in the US, and that's where all the software work is done.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 06:50:03 PM »

Since X10's software registration and upgrade system works only when purchase is made from X10.com (or X10 UK when it was still in operation), it's to be expected that the AHP Europe version doesn't require either of those. I bet it's not an Internet based installer, either. (I'd download it, but I'm not going to do that while I'm at work.)

You're correct - it's the complete program rather than an installer stub.

If I had to guess, I'd bet that they implemented the SW10 in the simplest way possible, ignoring the fact that it works differently from other modules -- shorter dev time, less testing. Testing European modules was always problematic in the US, and that's where all the software work is done.

My suspicion is that the developers were never informed of the Type 0 Extended Code shutter controls.  And although control via Dim/Bright could probably be programmed to work from the AHP interface, the capability to operate from a downloaded macro would have to have been programmed in the CM15A's microcontroller.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

MichaelC

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »

Another possibility -- the CM15A doesn't have the ability to even send that kind of command from a macro. There are a number of command formats in the CM15A that we never tried to use when I was there and didn't know if they worked.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »

Another possibility -- the CM15A doesn't have the ability to even send that kind of command from a macro. There are a number of command formats in the CM15A that we never tried to use when I was there and didn't know if they worked.

Lest my statement was confusing, the Dim/Bright I referred to was with regard to  the unusual pattern of Dim/Bright transmitted by European TM13 transceivers which allows them to control the SW10 Shutter switch.  The CM11A can't distinguish these from the usual contiguous stream of Dim/Bright, so without an oscilloscope I can't determine how the CM15A transmits them.

AHP and the CM15 can transmit any type Extended Code command from either the GUI or from a downloaded macro (with or without the CM15A connected to the PC), including the Type 0 Shutter commands.   However the Activity Monitor does not report any Extended Command transmitted from a downloaded macro, even the Type 3 Dimmer (LM14A) commands.  (It apparently expects all Extended Code modules to be 2-way and return an Extended Status Ack.  The AHP-Europe version seems to work a little differently although I haven't fully exercised it yet.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

pat30

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 06:53:50 AM »

I do:

File > New
Drag in only the icon for the SW10 and set its housecode|unit to that of your SW10.

Same problem. (I tested also with an other one SW10).
AHP does not run and seems not to send command.
No problem with radio commands.
Curious problem ???

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 08:00:11 AM »

I do:

File > New

Same problem. (I tested also with an other one SW10).
AHP does not run and seems not to send command.
No problem with radio commands.
Curious problem ???

pat30:
Change the housecode|unit address in the SW10 icon to that of one of your AM12 modules.  Click the On and Off button on the SW10 icon and see if the AM12 responds.  (As far as I can see with AHP-Eu 3.212 on my PC, the SW10 and AM12 icons send the same On/Off signals.)

If that works, now unplug the AM12 module from its current location and plug it in an AC receptacle on the same branch circuit as the SW10 module, i.e., on an AC receptacle controlled by the same circuit breaker as the the SW10 module.  See if the AM12 continues to respond when you click the On and Off button on the SW10 icon.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.